• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Living World Eco+ Water Bottle

Shardy95

Young Bun
I've always liked the look of this water bottle, with it being glass and that it's got a little carrot to mark the water level. Lets be honest, that's the cutest thing about this water bottle. And one of the main reasons I want it. :lol: Other reasons are that it's better hygiene than the plastic water bottles and it's drip proof?

I want to get it for Martha my bunny but i was just wondering if any of you guys have got this water bottle and if it's any good? As it's quite expensive, so don't want to waste my money. Or do you know of any other water bottles that are good too? Ideally I want a drip proof water bottle as Martha's run area is only covered by a bit of table cloth and don't want it to seep through that onto my lammanite flooring! :shock:

Last edited:
I have a few of these bottles as I prefer glass to plastic and they are the only ones available locally. They are OK, but they have a flat side to go against the bars / mesh with the nozzle going through the bars. Sometimes the nozzle doesn't line up properly when you refit the lid, and it doesn't always move around to where you want it. Still works fine, I just find it annoying. I haven't had one fail yet, and I use a few in different sizes for various animals. I have dropped the duck / carrot into inaccessible places by not thinking about where I have emptied the bottle and had to rummage round to find it again.

I find the thin plastic ones don't do well outside over the years and can get brittle. Glass feels nicer and you can see how full / clean it is.

We have two of these, one small & one large.

The girls seem to like them and they do feel a lot sturdier than the plastic ones.

I have a few of these bottles as I prefer glass to plastic and they are the only ones available locally. They are OK, but they have a flat side to go against the bars / mesh with the nozzle going through the bars. Sometimes the nozzle doesn't line up properly when you refit the lid, and it doesn't always move around to where you want it. Still works fine, I just find it annoying.

Hi! This is the problem I am finding with the bottles in PAH. I have found others are better then some with lining up, so I think it's just a matter of shopping around.

There is a variety of sizes avaliable, I know the biggest one is for rabbits, although I was thinking of getting the medium sized one, as I think the big one is too big, Willow - my rabbit doesn't even have a water bottle that large! Plus Martha's only going to be 8wks when I bring her home, it's going to be way to big for her, don't you think?

I would get the larger one, I'm just concerned as I have a mesh run where it would have to attach too. Would it pull on the mesh and be too heavy? :? That is my main concern really.

If the mesh won't support the water bottle, I would suggest that it needs additional support to stop potential predators getting in / bunny getting out. Even the big bottles should be OK. Putting it in a corner will give additional support.

The weight is supported by the nozzle at the bottom, and by the the spring about half way up. If you are worried about it dripping, you can always put an empty shallow bowl / saucer under it. The bigger glazed clay plantpot saucers are ideal as they are heavy enough to stay put.

If you are worried about it dripping, you can always put an empty shallow bowl / saucer under it. The bigger glazed clay plantpot saucers are ideal as they are heavy enough to stay put.
I did this when I had Lopsy indoors, with the spare water bowl: it worked really well and he rarely kicked it out of the way. Though he was very good at kicking, standing in and dropping his ball into the actual drinking bowl!

I had the cutest glass one when I had my Kermit and he used a bottle. It had a wee rubber duck inside :)
I still have the bottle as a keepsake for him.

If the mesh won't support the water bottle, I would suggest that it needs additional support to stop potential predators getting in / bunny getting out. Even the big bottles should be OK. Putting it in a corner will give additional support.

It is an outdoor hutch but it's in my bedroom so I won't have to worry about predators or anything. I'm decided to buy the water bottle, just need to shop around because PAH don't have the larger bottle at the moment.

I prefer glass over plastic in everything (well except maybe shopping bags, in which case I take cloth), but I hadn´t really thought about it from a bunny´s point of view. I guess for them it should be ok, as long as things like the mesh are sturdy enough not to be damaged.

All in all, I have the glass bottle (medium-size) and would recommend it to everyone.

Can you order it online and pick it up in store without extra P&P costs, instead of waiting for it to come back in?

All in all, I have the glass bottle (medium-size) and would recommend it to everyone.

I was going to get the large water bottle for my bunny, but it is quite big! And PAH seem to be having trouble getting it back in stock. I'm thinking of getting the medium one, but will it be big enough for her. How does your rabbit get along with that size bottle?

Back