• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits dream?

Jacq

Warren Scout
Earlier today Maxand Poppy were stretched out on the rug in the lounge, their usual spot at that time of day. Poppy was led on her side when she let out a short scream, sat up, shook herself and stamped her feet. Gave her a fuss and she's fine. Has anyone else had experience of this? Thanks

Yeah Bunbuns dreams from time to time, used to be more but not so much anymore, used to do the thumping of her feet at those times, but like with Poppy a little fuss and she is fine. Fluffy on the other hand dreams a lot. I always see him wiggling his tail and feet as if running and jumping, then he wakes up and does just that, a good old run and binky around. He is generally a lot less scared of anything than Bunbuns is. She's always on the look out, he just looks, then plays around again. so yeah bunnies dream.

That's a relief, as everything was the same as always, no loud noises to scare her and Max wasn't fazed at all. Thanks

Yeah I was panicking first when she did it, she just run off, nothing else happened. It was only when it happened again and I saw she was asleep, nose not moving much etc... and she did it again. that was before I found this forum so asked my vet during her next check up who then told me it was fine they do that. Seeing how Fluffy dreams it's now very obvious.

Flo dreams I'm sure...she sometimes twitches her feet/head when she's asleep! It's funny to watch!

We joked that she was dreaming she was being chased by the nasty cat from next door.

Yes I'm sure they do.my late bridge buns would nose twitch, eyes would flicker and move under their lids.Their feet would also twitch and their tales.It was funny to see ,I'd always say ,look they they are dreaming.

Yes. Both my bunnies are at the bridge now, but when they were with me they'd both dream. Usually it was when they were lying in the chicken position (you know, front feet tucked under them?) and I'd see their little heads nodding and eyes twitching. When Ginger died I brought his brother Pickles in to have as a house rabbit, and he would dream a lot. Once a week or so he'd have a nightmare and scream. He had them for a couple of years after Ginger died, but then they seemed to subside. I don't remember him having one in his last year with me.

Jimby has very exciting dreams, I see his eyes, mouth and nose twitch and his head nods up and down I love watching him it's so cute!

Yes, usualy after long hours sleep rabbits stretched out on their side but often just in a paws tucked in, ears back, eyes half closed when they feel relaxed.

My Neo rarely seemed to dream or even sleep very much, but I've already seem Meeple and Nemesis with twitchy eyes and noses and mouths and they only arrived on Sunday. :)

Back