• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new GTech Cordless Electronic Sweeper - brillant for bunny fur

With the rabbits in my room I have been looking at buying a handheld vacuum cleaner as I get so fed up carrying our big Dyson up the stairs each time I needed to clean up. Especially at the moment as Hershel and Maggie have been moulting constantly for over 3 months now, I wake up with bits of fur, hay and stray poops spread across the floor.

So when I came across one of these sweepers in my local range I decided to buy one. My grandma used to have a manual version back when I was young, and I remember it picking up everything, so I thought why not give it a go. This version has a 6 volts motor to power the rotating front brush, and it is rechargeable.

Anyway I love it. I use it every evening at supper-time. I have carpets and it picks up all the fur, hay and surprisingly even the poop. It stores it in a small try that you pull out to clean. The motor isn't too loud and doesn't scare Maggie like the Dyson does. It's extremely lightweight and easy to manoeuvre, with the handle flattening right back so it goes under furniture. And I love it.

Last edited:
Completely agree. I have a Gtech AirRam and it is, without a doubt, the best vacuum I've ever owned for picking up dog hair :thumb:.

I've got one. It's pretty good for picking up hay. Weirdly, it doesn't seem to want to pick up cardboard squares bedding though (too flat?)

I'm so glad I got one though, as it's so easy to use and lightweight.

Thank you for posting that. I've tried several and been disappointed. Really good to have a recommendation.

I love this bit of the blurb ....

It's a modern day sweeper that allows you to take part in flexible, cordless cleaning. :lol:

Might have to invest in one! 2 house bunnies + carpet = lots of mess! Currently waiting for a replacement for my vax pet hoover which keeps overheating (Maybe a bit too much fur,but it's meant to be for pet homes!)😁

Back