• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dogs and Contis

hello:wave:

ive a 15wk old Conti, Ebony, and a 9yr old westie, Skye, who im trying to get used to each other, (have had bunny 2 1/2wks, and dog since a pup) as i want to be able to bring Ebony inside for a run around when the weathers bad, but at the moment Skye gets very over excited by the prospect of her new sibling! She would never do anything to hurt her, but does bounce around a lot, with high pitched barking, pawing etc, and obviously i dont want her to frighten Ebony. Ive been letting them meet while Ebonys in her run, so they have that between them, and taking Skye away when she gets over excited, should I just carry on like this till things settle? does anyone have any other ideas or advice? Also have a wee 2yr old cat, Lola, who is desperate to make friends with Ebony but runs a mile as soon as she moves (Ebony is bigger than her - i did say she was a 'wee' cat!) so she supervises everything from a distance! Skye was the same with her when she arrived, but Lola soon put her in her place and they are now best friends :p (just realised you can see Lola supervising Ebony in her run from under a bush :D)

thanks in advance!

Paula and the Gang:love: xxx

11825061_10153596237189668_5940733846549611328_n.jpg

11196270_10153354547724668_5537502744135754118_n.jpg

What I do when I have Sølve loose in the living room is that I tell our dog Heike a poodle/portugese W.dog mix, to go to his place. He have a dogbed in the livingroom and must remain there when Sølve is loose, by doing this Sølve can choose to check out the big black beast or not. He have actually jumped into the bed with Heike a few times, and Heike gets sooo excited and gets all fixated on washing Sølves bum xD lol! When Sølve gets put into his pen Heike may rise from his place and he gets a treat for being a good boy :)

This takes ALOT for your dog mentally, and in the start you will have to correct your dog several times. Keep it short and sweet and increase the amount of time when you see it going smoothly :)

Good luck!

Back