• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My husband adopted a new bunny

bunny momma

Wise Old Thumper
Today my spouse adopted a new bunny. He is a 2 year old Netherland Dwarf Black Otter from a rescue who acquires small animals from auctions and other situations. I will not be able to get him until Sunday and I have not seen a picture, so I am looking forward to meeting my new boy. I am hoping his foster mom can tell me something about his history and what he likes.

Today my spouse adopted a new bunny. He is a 2 year old Netherland Dwarf Black Otter from a rescue who acquires small animals from auctions and other situations. I will not be able to get him until Sunday and I have not seen a picture, so I am looking forward to meeting my new boy. I am hoping his foster mom can tell me something about his history and what he likes.

Oh Bunny Momma, how lovely!! :D

Yesterday I spoke to his foster mom. He along with five other bunnies were owned by a girl who showed them with 4H. Although she is now only 16, she moved away from home and she cannot keep the bunnies. She asked a woman with a rabbit rescue group to help her find good homes for the bunnies. He is well-behaved.

Last night I researched the rescue group hoping to find the picture of the Otter we are picking up later today. He was not on the rescue's website yet, but I saw a black dwarf bunny boy named Raven. Raven was born one day after his mom was rescued from an auction. He has been living with his foster mom for about six months. His siblings were adopted. My spouse and I asked his foster mom to put Raven on hold so we can meet him. I hear he is a spirited teenager, so I hope our meeting will go well.

I know my new(er) bunnies will never replace the friends that I lost. Even so, I think my late bunnies would be glad to know their space in the house (not in my heart) is being filled by bunnies who need a loving forever home. With some luck one of my friends will become a kissing bunny (I would not even mind sloppy seconds!).

What a gorgeous boy, he's got a heart shape on his nose ! -looks full of mischief too :lol:

From what his foster mom told me, he is the quite one compared to the 'teenage' bunny I'll be meeting later this week.
Thank you for pointing out the heart shaped marking on his nose. I had not noticed that.
His dark fur makes him hard to photograph and he wanted to move around and investigate his new home when I wanted to take his picture. Jane could have done a much better job.

From what his foster mom told me, he is the quite one compared to the 'teenage' bunny I'll be meeting later this week.
Thank you for pointing out the heart shaped marking on his nose. I had not noticed that.
His dark fur makes him hard to photograph and he wanted to move around and investigate his new home when I wanted to take his picture. Jane could have done a much better job.

Doubt it !!

He's a cute little chap, a little Black Otter :love:

[/B]

Doubt it !!

He's a cute little chap, a little Black Otter :love:

Don't be so modest Jane. You deserve praise for your wonderful photos.

Now for some more news. Today Raven's foster mom delivered Raven to my home. He is a totally black Netherland Dwarf. Raven and his siblings were born one day after his mom was rescued from an auction in February. He is a little smaller than Gemini (Jane is right that he is a Black Otter), and he lets me handle him. His foster mom told me Raven is starting to be litter trained, so I will continue using her process. He and Gemini are in quarantine away from my girls, so I am now sleeping next to a couple of handsome fellas.

I'll get a picture of Raven posted in a day or two.

I still cannot believe I adopted two bunnies in one week.

Back