• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wildie encounter

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
I was cycling back from Jubilee Campus Tuesday evening and had to go a different route as the railway bridge I usually go under was blocked off for works. As I approached the other railway bridge, I saw movement. I thought it must be a bunny as it was too late and too dark for a squirrel. I got of my bike to wheel it between the barriers (you can get a bike through if you're a confident cyclist!) and the bunny hopped onwards and sat in the light of the street lamps for a moment, then hopped into the bushes by the railway embankment. I did call to it a bit, in case it was one of mine as it's about 200yds from home, but it didn't look long enough for Aboleth and had normal ears. I also spoke to it so it knew where I was :)

I live in an industrial estate, and the railway separates us from a housing estate, and beyond that is the Science Park where there are lots of wildies, and then Uni Park where there are more. I've never seen wildies in the housing or industrial estates so it was quite a surprise! But not too much as they're not far away either.

And it wasn't Aboleth unless she'd managed to get back before I did without me noticing! XD

I just saw the local wild/former farmed bunny, that has been in the area all summer, on our road today. He's been awol for a few weeks and I thought the bad weather had driven him off (at least I think it's a him). I rarely see the actual wildies that occupy the area and we now have a kestrel patrolling the trees around here, so I fear for him and the other bunny that pals around with him. (She-I think it's a she-is an English spot and doesn't venture out in the open often I think she lives under an abandoned house down the street.)

What a special encounter. Finding animals outdoors like that always seems like a rare gift when I get to see them. But if I thought it might've been one of my own I would've freaked out a bit. :lol: (Luckily mine are all solely indoors and I don't have to worry.)

But if I thought it might've been one of my own I would've freaked out a bit. :lol: (Luckily mine are all solely indoors and I don't have to worry.)
Ha ha, yes; mine would've got an earful, then probably followed me home for food. Not much to eat in the industrial estate and they've just cleared the railway embankments, and when it gets dark they often wait in the playhouse for pellets or run for bramble!

Back