• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scooby can't eat

Tracy

Warren Veteran
We have an appointment this afternoon. I suspect it's his molars as he can pick up pellets with his lips (he's an incisorless gummy bunny), but he can't chew and the pellet just comes out again. Same with his herbs, he picks them up, but can't feed them through his mouth and chew them. He's a determined little lad, he keeps trying and trying to eat his food, but he just can't chew it. I'm now on syringe feeding duty.

Poor lad. I thought having his incisors removed would be the end of his dental issues, but it seems he might have molar problems too. :(

We have an appointment this afternoon. I suspect it's his molars as he can pick up pellets with his lips (he's an incisorless gummy bunny), but he can't chew and the pellet just comes out again. Same with his herbs, he picks them up, but can't feed them through his mouth and chew them. He's a determined little lad, he keeps trying and trying to eat his food, but he just can't chew it. I'm now on syringe feeding duty.

Poor lad. I thought having his incisors removed would be the end of his dental issues, but it seems he might have molar problems too. :(

Sadly, having incisors out is rarely the complete solution to dental problems. If they've had dental disease, it's unlikely to be restricted to just the front teeth.

He should be fine after a dental! Then he can get back to hay/grass/readigrass?

Sadly, having incisors out is rarely the complete solution to dental problems. If they've had dental disease, it's unlikely to be restricted to just the front teeth.

He should be fine after a dental! Then he can get back to hay/grass/readigrass?

Yes, I guess I'm not too surprised really. He'd not had molar issues at the rescue, so I was hoping that it was just his incisors that were problematic.

Do you think that having his incisors out would affect the alignment of his back teeth?

He's been such a good little hay eater since having his incisors removed and he hoovers up readigrass quicker than anybun.

Sorry to hear he's having further problems. I hope it's sorted out quickly and doesn't recur often. At least he sounds to be in really good spirits.

Oh no poor lad. At least he wants to eat. Hope his teeth can be sorted out quickly for him.

Ah bless him. At least it doesn't sound like he's in pain since he wants to eat. Good luck for later.

Wishing Scooby a succesful dental (if that is what the little soldier requires). Good luck to you both

He's been such a good little hay eater since having his incisors removed and he hoovers up readigrass quicker than anybun.
So at least once this episode is sorted it should, cross everything, be a good long while until the next, if any! Sending optimism!

Hoping he can get sorted today, poor thing :)

Bunnies and their teeth :( I've threatened both of mine with dentures ! :? Hope yours goes on ok with his x

Yes, I guess I'm not too surprised really. He'd not had molar issues at the rescue, so I was hoping that it was just his incisors that were problematic.

Do you think that having his incisors out would affect the alignment of his back teeth?

No I don't. However, if there's a dental issue anyway, it's unlikely to restricted to one part of the mouth. In my experience!

Thanks everyone.

Scooby has some sharp spikes on his teeth. He's had to stay at the vets and will have his dental this evening when the surgery closes.

He's going to stay in hospital overnight so that they can monitor his guts. He suffered an impacted stomach a couple of months ago so they want to be sure that everything is moving along OK before he comes home. Minnie is with him, so they should both settle and be OK.

Bunnies and their teeth :( I've threatened both of mine with dentures ! :? Hope yours goes on ok with his x

:lol: Yes, their teeth are a menace. I've now got 3 who I think would definitely be better off with dentures. Roo had another dental a couple of weeks ago, now Scooby is in having his teeth sorted. Pepper had his health check and vaccination yesterday and a check in his mouth revealed that he has spurs forming again, so I'm expecting he will need another dental shortly.

Poor boy :( Glad he can get a dental quickly. Hope it helps and he's back to hoovering up food soon. Sending lots of vibes for Scooby xx

Thanks everyone.

Scooby has some sharp spikes on his teeth. He's had to stay at the vets and will have his dental this evening when the surgery closes.

He's going to stay in hospital overnight so that they can monitor his guts. He suffered an impacted stomach a couple of months ago so they want to be sure that everything is moving along OK before he comes home. Minnie is with him, so they should both settle and be OK.

:lol: Yes, their teeth are a menace. I've now got 3 who I think would definitely be better off with dentures. Roo had another dental a couple of weeks ago, now Scooby is in having his teeth sorted. Pepper had his health check and vaccination yesterday and a check in his mouth revealed that he has spurs forming again, so I'm expecting he will need another dental shortly.

Having just spent the morning at the dentists .. Hmmm ... too many dentals going on in this world :lol:

Hope Scooby and Minnie have a good night together at the Vet Hotel. ((( vibes ))) Scoobs!

Back