• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sølve & his haysack

Axeria

Warren Scout
I bought a haysack from ebay a week ago, and it arrived today. Turns out it is much bigger than I thought, I think it is for horses ;p
40D9F0F6-1259-4DBF-9F15-2462603A34A8_zpsmbtzlglg.jpg

It seems to be a huge hit tho! And it comfortably holds 2kg of hay, which is a whole sack of the hay I use for him to eat :) I use a perfectly fine but slighty cheaper and lower quality for him to poop on, he rarely eats it, and prefers the more expensive kind in the sack ;)

Look at the size difference, he can actually jump into the feeding hole safely and munch when he eat some more to make room for his little but :p
272BD121-D767-4509-8E4B-793AD233AEAC_zpsb4g5tf1b.jpg

Have your bunns a sack like this ? If not what do you use as a hayrack? :)

Last edited:
Either the sack is massive or he is teeny....a bit of both probably, he is cute as a button.

I like the hay sack idea, but mine would probably nibble the actual sack!

You are right, he is very small and the sack is very big xD lol!

He have tasted the sack, but the contence is more tempting ;)

Lol! Sølve was just inside the sack, I figure he jumped in through the top xD I got him out quickly tho, dont want him soiling his hay :)

Edit: and I have now made the top unacessable for him ^_^

Last edited:
I use a metal window box, because hayracks became window boxes and I'm turning back time:

1610947_10101626007222288_7966509767145627686_n.jpg

Although I don't use it with the coir insert, obviously!

avoided this thread yesterday because I thought it would be about his scrotum, or whatever the appropriate word is for rabbits.

HB, you make me laugh! :lol:
What a cute idea though. :) I do think mine too would chew on the sack as they can't leave any fabric alone, but that is really neat. :)
Solve is adorable...gosh it is good you are in Norway or I would have to nip down and bunnynap him! :lol:

Who is his little...er..well bigger reclining friend next to him in the picture? He's cute too. :)

Hehe good thing I live far away then ;) The bigger bunn is his stuffed animal friend we bough him on Ikea. We thought it might make him feel less alone until we get a wife for him :)

The bigger bunn is his stuffed animal friend we bough him on Ikea. We thought it might make him feel less alone until we get a wife for him :)
I resisted the last 2 times I was there: you can make the IKEA bunnies flop like real ones! I showed the OH and he was very proud of me for not getting one :)

Hehe they are super cute arent they? xD Sølve seems to love his, he often snuggle up to it at night :) And I am very proud of him, he have not chewed on any of the fabric in his pen. The willowtoys have not been so lucky though xD

Back