• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat trees for bunnies

FredW

Alpha Buck
I am wondering if anyone ever got a cat tree for their buns? Both mine love to climb now (Bunbuns started since she sees Fluffy do it) and they are both great jumpers, always jumping on the chairs, the sofa etc. and of course they love to scratch their claws on everything, even if they are already regularly trimmed... anyhow, I was just wondering if getting a cat tree may give them something new to play with and explore. it's Fluffy's first birthday next month, we know the exact date from his documents that the rescue had, so was thinking of getting them a cat tree. but of course if there are issues with bunnies using them, it would be a no no, so just checking if anyone used them for their buns, and if so, would it be worth getting, or better avoided?

Mine have a little corner one from Lidl: it's a bit wobbly on top (we can't seem to get it to fit fully 'home', but it's safe enough) but the like it :) They also have a flat scratch pad they like to chew at :roll:

I saw a gorgeous bunny on Rainbow bridge using one :)

I'd get one (or get OH to construct custom one) but Boo is so spooky with her dodgy ears & eyes that I daren't risk it.

Now might i suggest you concentrate on yourselves for just one day?? Have a great birhday.. I bet you'll come back from the beach with driftwood & forage for the buns:lol:

Awesome, thanks, shall get one then :)
Just need to work out what style to get.

Now might i suggest you concentrate on yourselves for just one day?? Have a great birhday.. I bet you'll come back from the beach with driftwood & forage for the buns:lol:

Looks like someone knows me too well.... lol didnt find anything decent forage wise, so bought them some chew toys instead :lol:

We only have a small one (modelled by the lovely Fili!)

10646696_10152484484881847_1309676206357287901_n.jpg

Mylo's dangerous enough on the floor, I wouldn't trust her with anything taller! :lol:

Thats so cute. Yeah I think too tall could be a bit worrisome since Bunbuns gets easiky over confident. Do yours use the scratch part at all

Wel as long as they are having fun with it thats the main thing. Definitely sold on one now :)

Lidl are having Pet Week next Thursday I think (in Nottingham Midland Way store anyway): that's where I got mine from and it was £20 I think.

Thanks for that, there is one not that far from here, shall have a look and see if they do the same. :)

When our cat scratchers have got beyond the stage of usefulness for the cats, I let the rabbits finish destroying it. :lol:

Back