• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new bunny Olive, a bun with attitude! *Pics*

Zizi

Alpha Buck
Hello all :wave:

I re-introduced myself a week or so ago, and mentioned that we are starting to rebuild our furry family after losing 4 amazing bunnies this year. I am so excited after such a poop year, and want to share some happy bunny news with other bunny people!!

Well, this Sunday we picked up our first new addition: meet Olive (formerly Pandora), from Windwhistle. We actually visited a couple of weeks ago to scout for a partner for Bloo, as he needs to return to the dating scene, but we fell in love with her as well :roll:. I think it was the 'Very Angry' warning on her hutch that drew us to her :lol:

She has been quite aggressive, and has bitten, but Alice at Windwhistle has worked wonders with her and she loves nose rubs! Not yet neutered as she is a bit too chunky at the moment:lol:, though again Alice has slimmed her down. She is going to continue here with us as a free range house bunny, and we shall encourage a little more weight loss then get her neutered.

Currently she is in a pen as we want her to feel she has a safe space of her own, and also to ensure she knows where the litter tray is, but she has been super clean so far :D She is so nosey and cheeky, she has settled in extremely quickly considering she has strange house noises and smells to get used to. We have had plenty of snuggles and only the occassional bit of grunting, but we are very respectful of her space. I can't wait for her to have free reign, we have missed having house bunnies.

Apparently I'm not very good at bunny decorating as she got very cross with my original arrangement of her things, and threw them into much better positions, and I also get stamped at quite a bit :lol:.

Here she is :love:
3pO2Cu3WHvIZmDdGMCRFEJccYK8SIXR5GVzqbp1w7Vg=w890-h667-no

Wv4kTXzuQcmr9qKQ535tSoktGNEIUriNY02g7MUdIH8=w1186-h667-no

And some little bunny toes!
T2tSbvCiErvG-Mo-mss0DtNZ-Dx-_Gacg1Vc-CAtr20=w1186-h667-no

Oh, the wee stains on the carpet are not from her, but try as we might we just cannot seem to get rid of them:oops:. Hence the rug to cover most of the floor!

aww she looks and sounds lovely. :love: I am picking up a new bun on Sunday. Very excited. :D

Thank you! Oh how exciting, are you all set to go? I do like when a new bunny is coming and getting things prepared (and buying unnecessary new toys/bowls etc...)

Thank you! Oh how exciting, are you all set to go? I do like when a new bunny is coming and getting things prepared (and buying unnecessary new toys/bowls etc...)

Yes. Pen and run is all ready. :love:

This is her. She is 8 weeks and been born in rescue.

Yes. Pen and run is all ready. :love:

This is her. She is 8 weeks and been born in rescue.
She is adorable:love:, do you have a name yet? I bet it will be lovely to get a little one. There were so many babies when I went to the rescue :(

She is adorable:love:, do you have a name yet? I bet it will be lovely to get a little one. There were so many babies when I went to the rescue :(

Ideally I wanted to get two at the same time but all her siblings were reserved. I will get her a friend at a later date of course, or have a look when I visit on Sunday. Her name ( wait for it!! ) is Priscilla! :lol: I kind of like it and hate it at the same time. Not sure if we'll keep it. :lol:

Ideally I wanted to get two at the same time but all her siblings were reserved. I will get her a friend at a later date of course, or have a look when I visit on Sunday. Her name ( wait for it!! ) is Priscilla! :lol: I kind of like it and hate it at the same time. Not sure if we'll keep it. :lol:

:lol: Priscilla kind of suits her :shock: I hope she settles in well! We are also going to offer Olive a friend at a later date - for now we are going to work with her and give her lots of TLC and then once she is settled, we will offer her the option :love:

She is currently playing with the treat ball which we hid her pellets in, I'm not sure she approves of this new 'work-for-your-food' method but it does keep her busy :lol:

Well, two very lucky rabbits on this thread! Both pretty ... and both, I suspect will be in charge of the household! :love:

:)That first pic is great..it's like "Yea ,I'm here what about it!"

Attitude indeed! :lol: I love the first photo, so proud!

Hehe thanks, she is certainly enjoying being a house bunny :lol:. I'm sure there will be all sorts of trouble when she is free range.

I think today we are going to let her out for a bit and see how she takes it, I am sure she will enjoy the space but I hope she isn't too overwhelmed!

Back