• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There's a new section on FHB's website re feeding rabbits....

Very interesting read, thanks for the heads up. :thumb: I've put it in the Old Useful Threads sticky in the Diet section too. :wave:

Really interesting reading & very nicely done. i'm ashamed to say when I took the trio for check ups with her last month she was talking about apple pips & I completely got the wrong end of the stick & thought they were bad :oops: Me & my cloth ears :lol:

Really interesting reading & very nicely done. i'm ashamed to say when I took the trio for check ups with her last month she was talking about apple pips & I completely got the wrong end of the stick & thought they were bad :oops: Me & my cloth ears :lol:

I think many of the myths have some truth but get mistranslated along the lines, Chinese whispers and all that. I had a meltdown on the apple pips thing when I first found RU as my Scrabble died within 24 hours of me giving her an apple core and I thought the apple pips had poisoned her.:cry: I *think* in reality the apple pips are probably more dangerous as they are sharp pointy things and the right size to get lodged and be a problem. You can make yourself dizzy reading from various different places.

There was me (how silly) thinking Frances had been having a "rest" this summer and she's been busy working on that major project!! :lol:

I think many of the myths have some truth but get mistranslated along the lines, Chinese whispers and all that. I had a meltdown on the apple pips thing when I first found RU as my Scrabble died within 24 hours of me giving her an apple core and I thought the apple pips had poisoned her.:cry: I *think* in reality the apple pips are probably more dangerous as they are sharp pointy things and the right size to get lodged and be a problem. You can make yourself dizzy reading from various different places.

There was me (how silly) thinking Frances had been having a "rest" this summer and she's been busy working on that major project!! :lol:

but it wasn't even chinese whispers ...it was straight from FHB's mouth... I really am dense. OH just back from work, I'll ask him how he heard it (I'm sure correctly)..............Yep, he heard it as don't worry cos it would take a ridiculous quantity . And back to ZZZzzz

I think there's a lot of information in there that completely turns on it's head what a lot of us thought was true previously. A very interesting read.

but it wasn't even chinese whispers ...it was straight from FHB's mouth... I really am dense. OH just back from work, I'll ask him how he heard it (I'm sure correctly)..............Yep, he heard it as don't worry cos it would take a ridiculous quantity . And back to ZZZzzz

:roll: Better make sure you sit at the front at the owners' day and pay full attention. (and then I can ask you questions afterwards ;))

Last edited:
Back