• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beano and jake are sneezing

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Ah why does everything happen at once! Jake has previous history of sneezing, he was on a long course of baytril which did stop his symptoms but they've since come back. Beano and Jake are housed separately but they were together until Jake and Gordon had a big fight, this was obviously whilst he seemed fine after his resp infection. They haven't been together for weeks now but living in the same flat avoiding all contact is difficult. Gordon had a vet trip recently where beano went with him and since they got back I notices the odd sneeze, now its getting a bit more frequent and I can hear her snuffling when eating/getting excited. I feel terrible, like I've caused it through getting Jake but we thought he was better. :(

Im busy myself with hosp/doctor appointments and work but will get a vet appointment as soon as, what other antibiotics are given for upper resp infections? And can a swab be done while the rabbit is awake? Id rather not be given baytril again as its not been successful for Jake, wasn't successful for Boris when I had him and is rarely strong enough on its own when I've has sneezing ratties before!

Back