• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its been a while...

Hi all,:wave:
Im new here so please bare with me!

Ive had my girl, Ebony, 2 weeks now and shes an absolute sweetheart! Shes 14wks and is a black continental giant. Ive had rabbits since i was a kid, but havent had one for a few years so just getting back into the swing of it! :DShes also my first giant... Does anyone have any advice etc? At the moment, she gets into the run for a couple of hours morning and evening, but we're in the process of building a bigger 'house' and attached run with roof for her, allowing her to have access to it throughout the day, and is fed and cleaned out at these times too - she loves her carrots etc, but im looking for ideas on other veg/treats? I worry shell get bored too :(

Also, I have a westie too who has met Ebony a couple of times, but gets very excited at the prospect (high pitched barking, pawing at cage/run etc) can anyone help on how to get them settled together as I want to be able to bring Ebony into the house when the weathers bad for a run around!

Any tips and advice is more than welcome!! :D

Thanks!! Paula and the Gang!:love:xxx

11825061_10153596237189668_5940733846549611328_n.jpg

Hello there. You have a lovely bunny and we have members with Contis so lots of help when you need it. She will grow to a very big rabbit so housing needs to be quite spacious especially as you may want to get her a friend later on. Spring greens, grass, wild forage and herbs are all good but carrots and fruit are rather high in sugar, which is not good for your bunny. Hay is her most important food!

Maybe you could start another thread re your dog.

Hi all,:wave:
Im new here so please bare with me!

Ive had my girl, Ebony, 2 weeks now and shes an absolute sweetheart! Shes 14wks and is a black continental giant. Ive had rabbits since i was a kid, but havent had one for a few years so just getting back into the swing of it! :DShes also my first giant... Does anyone have any advice etc? At the moment, she gets into the run for a couple of hours morning and evening, but we're in the process of building a bigger 'house' and attached run with roof for her, allowing her to have access to it throughout the day, and is fed and cleaned out at these times too - she loves her carrots etc, but im looking for ideas on other veg/treats? I worry shell get bored too :(

Also, I have a westie too who has met Ebony a couple of times, but gets very excited at the prospect (high pitched barking, pawing at cage/run etc) can anyone help on how to get them settled together as I want to be able to bring Ebony into the house when the weathers bad for a run around!

Any tips and advice is more than welcome!! :D

Thanks!! Paula and the Gang!:love:xxx

11825061_10153596237189668_5940733846549611328_n.jpg

Rabbit love the company of their own species. She would love a friend :love:

She looks beautiful!

Welcome to the Forum :wave:

Back