• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

lump on Rosies Paw?

cara

Alpha Buck
As title really.

Giving meds tonight and noticed it. Doesn't seem painful when touched. I did take a photograph on my Ipad, but unsure how to upload via Photobucket.

Try to describe it: On top of front paw, red, round/oval, size of medium size currant and the hair is missing on the lump.

Hope it's nothing nasty :(

As title really.

Giving meds tonight and noticed it. Doesn't seem painful when touched. I did take a photograph on my Ipad, but unsure how to upload via Photobucket.

Try to describe it: On top of front paw, red, round/oval, size of medium size currant and the hair is missing on the lump.

Does it sound like it could be a nailbed infection?

Not really .. its not near the nails end of the paw.

I know ultimately I will have to take her to the vets .. sigh ..

Do you know if there an easy way to upload photographs?

Not really .. its not near the nails end of the paw.

I know ultimately I will have to take her to the vets .. sigh ..

Do you know if there an easy way to upload photographs?

I'm useless with photographs .. I think there may be a sticky about it?

Does it look like an inflamed lump/cyst? A small abscess?

I suppose it could be - am hoping it might be, rather than something more sinister. Actually, it does look inflamed. We think it must have appeared rapidly as we feel sure we would have noticed it before now as we have been giving her meds every night for a while now.

I shall keep hopeful :) Thanks for your replies :)

I suppose it could be - am hoping it might be, rather than something more sinister. Actually, it does look inflamed. We think it must have appeared rapidly as we feel sure we would have noticed it before now as we have been giving her meds every night for a while now.

I shall keep hopeful :) Thanks for your replies :)

You're welcome :D

Is it bothering her at all? Perhaps she scraped it/caught it on something? If it doesn't seem to go down in a couple of days, or gets bigger, then think about taking her to the vet....

No, doesn't seem to be bothering her which is possibly not a good sign? Yes, will take her to the vets if it does not improve over the next couple of days.

As title really.

It could be a small abscess. Is it mobile ?

This thread explains how to upload photos :

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?136183-Tutorial-How-to-Post-Photos

It could be a small abscess. Is it mobile ?

This thread explains how to upload photos :

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?136183-Tutorial-How-to-Post-Photos

Not sure. I thought it was on top of foot, but actually it is more on the side when seeing her on the ground. Not sure if it is mobile, though don't think so (not so good possibly). Will have to study it further but if necessary I will take her to the vets on Wednesday - providing it does not become problematic meanwhile. Thinking if an abscess, would the antibiotics she has had (finished last night), not have had an impact on it? Although different antibiotics for different things, I know.

Thanks for the link re. uploading photos. It's mainly the ipad which make it complicated - Apple being to precious with all things on its devices!

'Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post

It could be a small abscess. Is it mobile ?'

Just back from the (different) vets who suspects Rosie's ear infection might not have quite cleared up .. so back on the baytril unfortunately as she hates being handled.

The lump ... yay! (I think?), an abscess Jack's-Jane. Much preferable to what I was thinking it was. She has got a little of the pus out (sorry) but thinks that the baytril she has prescribed will help. Unfortunately, there is a gap where we have started and stopped the baytril as I thought the ear infection was better, so not ideal in that respect. The lump is small at the moment and not troubling Rosie.

So, tried a new vets and Mightymax, think you and me are now in good company because small animal consultations are £33 ... eeek. It is for 15 mins, but to be honest, I have never felt under any time constraints at the vets before. Even on a 10 min consultation, I never felt shooed out the door :lol: I didn't appreciate how inexpensive the other vets are. I think it was worth it. Overall the experience was better and she thoroughly examined Rosie but it is nearly twice as much as I have been paying. With two rabbits she will have to be loads better to justify the extra cost :?

Last edited:
'Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post

It could be a small abscess. Is it mobile ?'

Just back from the (different) vets who suspects Rosie's ear infection might not have quite cleared up .. so back on the baytril unfortunately as she hates being handled.

The lump ... yay! (I think?), an abscess Jack's-Jane. Much preferable to what I was thinking it was. She has got a little of the pus out (sorry) but thinks that the baytril she has prescribed will help. Unfortunately, there is a gap where we have started and stopped the baytril as I thought the ear infection was better, so not ideal in that respect. The lump is small at the moment and not troubling Rosie.

So, tried a new vets and Mightymax, think you and me are now in good company because small animal consultations are £33 ... eeek. It is for 15 mins, but to be honest, I have never felt under any time constraints at the vets before. Even on a 10 min consultation, I never felt shooed out the door :lol: I didn't appreciate how inexpensive the other vets are. I think it was worth it. Overall the experience was better and she thoroughly examined Rosie but it is nearly twice as much as I have been paying. With two rabbits she will have to be loads better to justify the extra cost :?

Hi Cara - good news about the little lump! I said in post 4 that I thought it might be a small abscess :thumb:

Well, as far as vets go, unless you live in London (where all vets are more expensive!) I guess you get what you pay for?

Hi Cara - good news about the little lump! I said in post 4 that I thought it might be a small abscess :thumb:

Well, as far as vets go, unless you live in London (where all vets are more expensive!) I guess you get what you pay for?

Good suggestion by you as well - abscess. Did say I felt posting here is like getting a decent consultation :lol:

Perhaps your right re. vet costs .... will see how I feel after a few consultations - but hoping I don't need any in the near future. Thanks for your advice :wave: And everyone else's too :wave:

Good suggestion by you as well - abscess. Did say I felt posting here is like getting a decent consultation :lol:

Perhaps your right re. vet costs .... will see how I feel after a few consultations - but hoping I don't need any in the near future. Thanks for your advice :wave: And everyone else's too :wave:

I'll put my bill in the post :lol:

Back