• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tameside rabbit and guinea pig rescue

elaine

Mama Doe
I have come to the sad decision to close the rescue to any more intakes due to lots of reasons, rehoming has completely stopped and people seem happy to walk into large chains rather than look at rescue, the amount of unwanted rabbits is
absolutely beyond belief the rescue I have been funding for the last couple of months hoping things would improve but it hasn't. the rescue has vet bills of about £2000 pounds and is not taking enough to cover food costs now, I feel that I have
done the rescue for 35 yrs and there is no enjoyment in this now just pure hard work. There are not many rescues that take rabbits etc in so this will affect all the ones unwanted but there is no other way.
I have decided that all rabbits will be advertised for £15 and then be reduced I have 45 to find homes for
Guinea pigs I have over 50 males in so I am now going to advertise these at £15 pair and reduce these as numbers go down.

I did consider this a few months ago but this time it is happening

sorry to hear this, I thought you had already stopped taking in rabbits when was reading your website, due to the reasons you say above, must be so hard, you do such a great job

So sorry to hear the news. Thank you though for all the rabbits you have saved and given better futures to xxx

Only just seen this thread as I was looking for your details. So sad that that your rescue is coming to an end but completely understand your reasons. You have done so much good work and helped so many small furries, you really should be proud of what you've done over the years xx

Sadly, we have just lost our beloved Jenson and now our little girl Boo is without a parter. We can't bear to see her all alone, especially with winter coming up and having no bun to snuggle with. We got a bun from you a few years ago, so I was looking for you dear details when I found this thread. Boo is a very small black bun with a big curious and confident (but not bossy) personality. Have you still got any boys that may fit the bill please? We don't mind if they are not neutered, we can pay to get them done ourselves. Not too bothered about size or breed either. Thanks

Only just seen this thread as I was looking for your details. So sad that that your rescue is coming to an end but completely understand your reasons. You have done so much good work and helped so many small furries, you really should be proud of what you've done over the years xx

Sadly, we have just lost our beloved Jenson and now our little girl Boo is without a parter. We can't bear to see her all alone, especially with winter coming up and having no bun to snuggle with. We got a bun from you a few years ago, so I was looking for you dear details when I found this thread. Boo is a very small black bun with a big curious and confident (but not bossy) personality. Have you still got any boys that may fit the bill please? We don't mind if they are not neutered, we can pay to get them done ourselves. Not too bothered about size or breed either. Thanks

Hi - you many be best to give Elaine a ring directly, I'm not sure how often she comes on here, I think she may still have some for rehoming.

I have heard that the Rescue guinea pigs were advertised for sale on the Pre-Loved site - are they still available? Do they need help?

Last edited:
Back