• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed is this bun?

Bloomfrost

New Kit
Just as a disclaimer, major apologies if this was posted in the wrong section. I've been looking around the forum for a place to ask this and I wasn't too sure considering it wasn't exactly suited to other sections. :oops:

My main question is if anyone could help identify what my bun is? When he was first taken home he was told to us to be a lionhead (by the store itself). Later on I've had one vet agree, and another just give us no answers. He's an absolute charmer, so there's no worry if we'll never know, but it'd be nice to have some real confirmation about him. Pics are below:

Ribbet%20collage_zpsi55fqant.jpg

Unfortunately I'm no expert on rabbits (though I do know the basic care). When he first came home he had a whopping head of fur in between his ears and just generally around his head (even giving him what we call sideburns- Rabbit hugh jackman I suppose. They can be seen in my signature). He has black 'eyeliner', black velvet like ears, and a black dorsal stripe on his rear along with some black spotting- apart from all of that he's completely white. These days the fur on his head seems to have thinned slightly, though possibly it just doesn't appear as it did when he first came home. The rest of his body has short fur (still very soft), but not something I would describe as long nor fluffy.

Anything would be appreciated. x :)
(For anyone wondering, those pictures aren't too recent. The lucky fella is getting a bedding change completely and will be moved into a new cage around september- everythings a bit hard when you're moving house though. He's free range apart from at night, so he gets out for a full day).

Last edited:
I'm no expert either but I think he definitely had a lionhead mummy or daddy . He is adorable :love:

Back