• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

He's Home!!

Axeria

Warren Scout
My little buddy is finally home with us, I am SO HAPPY!!! :love:

Right now he is cowering in his cardboard box house, just peeked his head out two times and hurried inside again. He also made a growly noice, I am guessing from fear of all the new sights and smells.
Our dog Heike is really a good boy, he has been told to keep away from the pen and even tho he really want to have a sniff and a look at his new brother he listens, tho he have whined a few times :p
We made a decission on a name for our little bun: Sølve, the Norwegian way of saying the name Silver.

I just hope he wil come out and have a drink soon, as the ride home where quite long. It took about an hour... He ate some hay on the way tho, I guess that is a good sign :)

No pics yet, I want to give him some privacy, but trust me piccies will come ;)

Yaay! He came out of his house and are now jumping around munching hay. He also had a smell on his water, so he atleast knows where it is ^_^

Thank you all :D He have had a drink, eaten alot of hay and he have had a few laps around his pen. At one point he was standing on his house and suddenly he jumped around all crazy xD He have also been chewing on his willow heart and spiral. And now he is taking a nap, outside his house even :D

Thank you :)

Today I spot cleaned his litterbox, and he is really good at using it, he only uses a few spots to pee in so it made no sense to throw out all the litter, the box meassures 80x40cm so there is quite alot of litter in there :p I just used my hands and scooped out the wet soiled litter and picked up the majority of poops, they all looked good also and I found some cecos :) Lol kinda gross I guess, but I dont mind getting my hands dirty aslong as I have my desinfecting soap ;)

I started today with sitting in his pen, and he is really brave! He came up to me many times, and let me pet him! He got a new ball that he loves to throw around and he also got a stuffed rabbit to keep him company until we buy him a wife. Lol after he got the rabbit he kept jumping around really happy, he even jumped ON the toy several times, I think he is happy here ^_^

He did something that puzzled me tho, he keeps coming to my hand and gives it a little push with his nose, what does this mean? Does he want me to leave him alone or is it a nudge to say he wants me to pet him?

Also he keep eating the willow heart he got, wil this harm him? I noticed it this morning and removed it cause I dont know if it is ok for him to eat? He have eaten quite alot of it since yesterday.

He drinks and eats his hay just fine, and I have started to give him a measured amount (about 15 grams) of pellets three times a day, once when I get up, then when we have our dinner, and finally a few hours before bedtime. Is this ok?

Lol sorry for all the questions, I am just abit unsure about some things being a new bunnymom and all xD

When Theo nudges me it is usually because he wants his head rubbing! He also has a willow heart from the pet shop so that's bunny safe. I would check that's yours isn't treated with anything before letting you bunny eat more just in case.

That is good to know, I wil try to pet him when he does the push. The willow is stripped untreated willow, so I will let him have it again. Thank you so much for answering this for me ^_^

Lol he just had the most adorable binky around his pen before he went to bed with a little roll on his back before settling on his side :)

Yes, He seems to have settled down quite well in the last 24 hours, he is warming up to us and it makes me super happy! \0/

I am SO glad we brought him home when we did! Cause tonight its a majore lightning storm with heavy tunder going on outside... And he would only have a little hutch to hide in during the storm if he where kept by that family, I can not imagine how scared and insecure he would have felt. I feel sorry for his sister who is still with them, but I take some comfort in that Sølve atleast dont have to be kept outside in that crappy hutch in weather like this.

Back