• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uninterested in toys

Hello

Despite making DIY Toys for Dug and Andee, they don't seem very interested. I've done plenty of different things with the cardboard toilet rolls but they aren't into it at all. I even had an inflatable ring (like the ones kids use in swimming pools) which I hung from the washing line thinking they might jump through it but they didn't like it.

They use their tunnel quite a bit, run around the back yard a lot and like to either hide in the hidey box or under the table cover. I have seen on YouTube a shallow box with six holes in it so the rabbits can jump in and out of each hole - think I'll give that a go.

Anyone else's rabbits not interested in toys???

Mr Higgins isn't overly interested in toys. He might push his ball with a bell in it around occasionally but he loves tunnels and anything he can hide in.

My boy bunnies aren't really interested in toys, only the ones they can eat/destroy, they occasionally run through their tunnels, thats about it really!

Generally it's food related toys that go down best - so they are working for their dinner. I take the dry food portion of normal meals and use that for toys instead of putting it in a bowl. So you could try toilet rolls with food in so they have to shred their way to dinner, or hiding under paper cups and things they have to tip up to get the food. Hanging things from the washing line is a good idea, but I'd try some edible things like a lump of carrot or leaves pegged on the end of a bit of string :)

Hi, my 2 Clover & Thumper, have zero interest in toys!
As has been suggested, they do love a bit of cardboard destruction!!!!

Cardboard (or plastic now I have some) tube with pellets in, stuffed with hay to stop them falling out: winner every time!

Hay is about the best thing to keep your rabbits occupied or grass if possible. They are grazing animals at heart so this is their fav pasttime.

Back