• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daves Castration

MummyBunnyEm

Mama Doe

What makes me nervous is both Chloe & Barney messed with their wounds. Barney was eventually coned which was a nightmare in itself! To see him try and clean himself was devastating, not to mention I had to feed him by hand and he would get in such a mess too :( I'm just hoping the same doesn't happen with Dave. The vet said it's an unusual thing to happen and she will ensure he has plenty of pain relief.

He was so full of energy this morning, I felt so awful shutting him in his carrier :lol:

Last edited:
I know it's awful isn't it, putting them in the carrier when they are having fun, the guilt ! Still we have to do these things unfortunately. When Toffee was "done" you wouldn't know he'd had anything at all, he was just fine straight after. Sending heal quickly vibes for Dave, he'll be home soon xxxxxx

I know it's awful isn't it, putting them in the carrier when they are having fun, the guilt ! Still we have to do these things unfortunately. When Toffee was "done" you wouldn't know he'd had anything at all, he was just fine straight after. Sending heal quickly vibes for Dave, he'll be home soon xxxxxx

I have my fingers crossed he will make a really quick recovery and no messing with his bits :evil: :lol:

Hope Dave recovers quick! Binky was spayed on the 21st July and she was back to her normal grumpy self the same evening, so I feel Bella is going to cause me lots of trouble! :lol:
It's horrid seeing them looking so sore afterwards but within two weeks you'll never know anything has happend and neither will he...he will just feel a bit less manly! :lol:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Sending lots of vibes for Dave. Try not to worry, it's not the first time that I've heard of this happening.

Thinking of you both. xx

He's had quite extensive surgery. He may not be coming home tonight :(

The vet had to have a good look around his abdomen and also through his tract and tubes to try and find the missing testicle. She then removed his tract and tubes and anything associated with the testicle tissue so as to be sure there was nothing left behind which could become cancerous in the future. He will be on opiates plus 2 types of meds to get his gut moving. She said in all her 30 years as a vet it was the first time she had come across a rabbit with only one testicle!

SIGH.

I am so sorry. But if he recovers well it shouldn't be detrimental to his future - fingers crossed xx

Oh dear! Poor wee guy, I wonder why he only had one testicle
Hopefully he can be a little trooper and still recover quickly, must be very stressful for you Xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Isn't it strange :(

I don't really want him to stay overnight because I'm not keen on one of the night vets as she nearly strangled Chloe to death when putting a vest on her. Hope it's not her on shift :shock:

Poor Dave, so sorry, I'm sure he'll be ok bless him. You do pick them don't you ? :lol: sending him get well vibes and nose rubs xxxxxx

Back