• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problem sorted

:(

I always think your bunnies look wonderful Emma, you are a fab owner *hugs*

I didn't see the photos as my internet connection wouldn't load them, was going to look later on.

Hope you're ok, I'm sure you know there's no problems with your rabbits or their care, the person might have got the wrong end of the stick with something or if they are just being rude then we all know there's no issues with your rabbits. I saw the photos and thought they were lovely but struggle commenting on my phone.

Yes I can imagine you'd feel quite upset bless you, and they've gone the wrong way about it if they're concerned. I hope whatever the issue was with your rabbits the rescue has put their mind at ease, knowing they're well looked after by you and you can put I behind you.

Sorry, it was me. I am just concerned that your REW Rex *might* have a heart problem and I was not sure if it would panic you more for me to approach you about it directly or if it would be better coming from someone you know ie Jill.

I reallyam NOT inferring that you are not caring for your Rabbits. I am just worried that the REW has some of the 'issues' I have seen in my previous 'cardiac Rexes'. Hopefully I am wrong and maybe I should just have kept my concerns to myself. The last thing I wanted to do was cause upset, but it appears that is exactly what I have done :cry:

I contacted Jill - I'm sorry if you felt this was underhand in any way - I did tell Jill that it was purely concern for the bunnies in question & I hoped she would pass on the concerns gently, if she agreed there may be something in it, so you could decide to act in whatever way you decided.

Certainly meant no harm - I don't know you that well & thought it would be better coming from someone you knew & trusted, not some random of the internet.

Don't blame Jane - we know I'm as subtle as a sledge hammer - concern may have been lost in translation, & Jill & me don't get on, so she probably wasn't particularly receptive to a PM from me anyway

Thanks for admitting it was you. I know there was no harm intended as it's purely concern for Reuben but it did hurt that people had been looking at the photos not commenting anything but then talking about him potentially having a problem behind my back. Jill did pass on the concerns gently.

Reuben has always been a small rabbit. He eats much slower than my females and a few weeks ago I realised he had lost weight and he is now fed separately and putting on weight. Since I've had the rexes they groom each other quite a lot but it has always been like that, not concerned me in the slightest. I believe his abdomen may have looked 'drawn up' as he was stood in his digging box on a slant and from how the photo was taken (from low down in front) it probably looked unusual but after being told this information I have looked at him and he looks no different to my other 2 rabbits. He's just a smaller rabbit.

Obviously I'm not just going to forget about what's been said and I will keep a close eye on him. I just feel like this was gone about in the wrong way. Thank you for your concern though.

As I said, I really did not mean to cause hurt and upset. I was just trying to help and I thought if the information came from Jill it would be less panic inducing than if it came from someone you dont know.

With regards to Reuben, things to look out for could include any further unexplained weight loss, poor exercise tolerance/lethargy, increased respiratory rate and/or effort and intermittent very pale bluish tinges to the lips, nose, tips of ears.

Once again, I apologise that my poor people skills means that yet again I got it wrong in trying to communicate a message, I meant no harm and I am certainly not criticising you in any way.

There's no way of knowing how best to approach these things and how someone would prefer to receive such information, I think the important thing is you are now aware of the concern and potential issue. To be honest I think I would prefer someone to message me/get a friend to message me than have it posted on a light hearted thread but we are all different.

Last edited:
Jane has got a lot going on at the min -no doubt photos are a distraction for her without her being inundated with concern like she gets on her own threads.
I can't see pics at work:oops: - Photobucket & suchlike are blocked, so I rarely go on Photos & stories. In this case I saw them on my phone, but then I have to put up with the joys of autocorrect (or rather you lot do!).

I had a rex that had heart trouble - it wasn't diagnosed until the last minute. I wish I had Jane's knowledge & experience, cos with her, Chocolate might have stood a chance.

There was definitely no maliciousness (meant or felt) from either of us. The exchange took 5 seconds & I said I would contact Jill on her behalf. XX

As I said, I really did not mean to cause hurt and upset. I was just trying to help and I thought if the information came from Jill it would be less panic inducing than if it came from someone you dont know.

With regards to Reuben, things to look out for could include any further unexplained weight loss, poor exercise tolerance/lethargy, increased respiratory rate and/or effort and intermittent very pale bluish tinges to the lips, nose, tips of ears.

Once again, I apologise that my poor people skills means that yet again I got it wrong in trying to communicate a message, I meant no harm and I am certainly not criticising you in any way.

Ok I understand thank you. I will look out for those signs. He's certainly not lethargic at the moment, he's very active, always running around and jumping into the food drawer! :lol:

I guessed it was you Jane who asked the 3rd party to contact me. I also explained why you may not be up to contacting her direct at present.

and Emma as I said in message,please post more pics :) xx

Last edited:
Emma please put the photos back up, they were gorgeous. Also as I explained Jane is having a hard time at the moment so probably not up to contacting you direct.. Sometimes it is a benifit to have someone else spot things..and it was done by PM not publicly
Lets see those pics again..please :D

Jane has got a lot going on at the min -no doubt photos are a distraction for her without her being inundated with concern like she gets on her own threads.
I can't see pics at work:oops: - Photobucket & suchlike are blocked, so I rarely go on Photos & stories. In this case I saw them on my phone, but then I have to put up with the joys of autocorrect (or rather you lot do!).

I had a rex that had heart trouble - it wasn't diagnosed until the last minute. I wish I had Jane's knowledge & experience, cos with her, Chocolate might have stood a chance.

There was definitely no maliciousness (meant or felt) from either of us. The exchange took 5 seconds & I said I would contact Jill on her behalf. XX

Okay thanks for explaining. Sorry to hear about Chocolate xx

Hope you're ok Mischief and Tinker's Mum. I would have felt exactly the same way as you in this situation. You're bunnies are gorgeous :love:

Back