• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Mouse in my house

Athame

New Kit
A week ago I was lying on the floor of my home in the small hours with my new and first Rabbit Darcey when I heard some familiar sounds in the kitchen....the mouse! For about a year now I've had a mouse I've plain given up trying to catch or deter with devices.
I looked at Darcey and it was clear he had heard it too...his ears were up and he sat up....then for the first time he started 'thumping' to warn me of danger (?) ...well it's a nice thought any way. Fact is I'm a tad concerned a mouse might pose some kind of risk to him.....is that possible?

Mice will pee over everything. They're not very clean or hygienic. If they get in the food dish they will pee all over it. Shouldn't think they'll bite a bunny. They're more likely to get flattened if bunny stamps.

Haha this reminds me of a few years ago when my bridge bun Rio was lying supine on the carpet in the lounge and a wee mouse practically ran over his front paws,"Rio" flicked an ear and didn't move at all,not worth moving for.Said mouse ran into the kitchen,I have a garden and get the odd mouse come indoors.:)

Last edited:
I have had also had numerous hamsters over the years,now if A mouse gets into a hamsters cage and the hamster is alert it will attack the mouse and possibly kill it.Hamsters are not vegetarians they will eat meat.

I seriously doubt it's the same mouse. Apart from the life-span issue, mice don't live alone - they live in sociable groups. I've lived in a house with a mouse problem before, and we had loads, unfortunately (I only ever saw two though).

Back