• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly isn't eating

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
Just got up and got ready to go to a dog show to be faced with a rabbit refusing her food. Have given her some metacam and zantac, hoping she'll start eating soon because the emergency vet I can get to on a Sunday is utterly useless. They'll barely do any more than I have already and they'll charge a fortune to do it.

I'm assuming the massive moult she's going through is to blame. Mine are both prone to doing this when they're moulting :(

Oh no, I'm not much use advise wise I'm afraid, but one of mine was the same yesterday. I just kept an eye on her, gave her a few herbs, and by the end of the day she was fine. She'd done a few wet poohs earlier on, so I put it downs to a gassy tum. Hope Milly is eating soon, such a worry these buns x

Poor Milly :cry: What was her poo output like overnight ? What has been coming out is just as relevant as what is going in.
I hope she feels better soon xx

I'm not sure with Charlie being in there too, their poos always look the same. There was fresh ones in the litter tray though.

She's had a little nibble of hay. She's sat grooming herself right now, she's perked up and not looking in pain like she was earlier.

She's eating now. Hoping she'll keep eating happily!

I probably could have gone to the dog show :lol: Not worth the risk though.

That's good, glad she's eating, sounds like a bit of gas maybe. Keep eating and pooping Milly !

She sure does like keeping you on your toes, doesn't she? :?
I missed this thread, but I'm glad to see she's feeling more herself again. Sorry to hear you had to cancel your plans. :( I totally get how you'd rather be sure she was okay though, can't tell you how many times I've done that! ;)

She stopped eating again and then perked back up, I think she's warm. She does suffer in the heat and with the amount she's moulting it must feel awful. If she's still off colour tomorrow I'll take her to the vet. Obviously if she gets worse I'll take her today but they'll barely do anything OOH.

glad she has picked up a bit..I know you probably already do but just in case ..do you groom most of the lose fur off to stop them ingesting it?
She's lucky to have an owner who spots trouble right away xx

Yeah I've been grooming her quite a lot, get so much fluff off her. It goes everywhere :lol:

Poor thing never likes the heat though, so I imagine moulting heavily and being warm just feels horrible for her. She has such a thick coat as well as her mane. Charlie has a longer mane than her but the rest of his fur is no where near as thick as hers!

Pip really struggles with her coat too. Our weather has been all over the map this year with a lot of unusual humidity as well due to subtropical moisture that's come north so all the pets are unhappy at the moment.

I groom Pip too and she never seems to get a break from moulting. Just as soon as she finishes one another begins. :roll:
She once had a seizure due to the heat too and I had to move her whole habitat to a cooler place but our house just gets like a sauna in summer. I wish the heat held as well at -40F! :(

Sending many "feel better" vibes your way for the lovely Milly. :love: xxxxxx

Back