• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long Term Boarding

k1984

Mama Doe
Can anyone help with any ideas for long term boarding? I'm in West Yorkshire.
Basicially, I'm looking for some help in boarding my Greyie, my stray bunny, for about 3-4 weeks whilst I sort out her permanent housing. (Search my previous posts to read about her story).She can live indoor or outdoor, and was spayed 2 weeks ago (recovered perfectly well).

She is currently residing in an indoor cage in our dining room following her spay, and I did have a small outdoor hutch bought for her in the initial week after I found her in the hope it was only to be temporary until her owners were found. It is nearly 2 months now and hubby and I have resided to the fact that she is now ours for keeps, so would like to upgrade her housing.

We are due to have work started on the house, which means she cannot stay inside anymore, and her 'hutch' is just far far too small. I am donating it to a guinea pig rescue centre nearby, and am going to upgrade. However, this means that Greyie would need to go into boarding.

I have been phoning round, but with it being August, am finding absolutely no luck at all.

I am looking for available long-term boarding, or other solutions or suggestions.

I have thought about family/friends, but all already have existing pets that they say would pose problems. Any advice greatly received!

Hutch companies have a 3week- 3 month waiting lists too which is tricky.

Thanks in advance :wave:

Last edited:
Are you still looking for somewhere? We can take long term bunnies as we foster for the RSPCA too and it can take a long time to re-home. Would obviously give a cheaper rate than normal - we've also just got new hutches and there is space indoors. I am based in Manchester - depends how far you're willing to go.

We're family run so we don't take lots of bunnies - only around 10 at capacity so they all get plenty of room and access to runs and our gated driveway. I actually had a cancellation last week so do have space.

http://www.theburrowsdidsbury.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Burrows-Didsbury-rabbit-boarding/1457107237925161?fref=ts

You could try Tuckerbunnies in Richmond, N Yorks (just off A1 about about 2 mins from Scotch Corner). Maysie & Mike are fantastic. My 9 go there for their holidays. :thumb:

Back