• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppy wants to see other floppy bunnys!

PoppyRabbit

Warren Scout
3b8cca835c789229be2a746000000435.jpg

Now she has fleecy blankets in her den Poppy flops a lot more!

And she runs around in there with her hay on her head. Looks like a moving hay pile! When you ask her what she is doing you get this look...
6a140bc154de1ac5e714f0b7cd0e4931.jpg

Show us your best floppy bunnys!

Here is Casserole doing what he does best in the middle of the garden :love::lol:

36307b9cf477d84e8bbf8101e2e9a35b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jasper getting a little too comfy on the settee :)
This is after he found he could manage to jump up and was having a funny 5 jumping on an off the settee and only 8 1/2 weeks old

d3f6d1402ef131df129e0048fab9b777.jpg

sent from Xperia Z2

I highly approve of this thread.

My Neo very rarely flopped - if he did it meant he was ready for a dental! He relaxed in the "tea cosy" position. So it's lovely to see floppy bunnies. :)

We now must see the 'tea cosy' position! Never heard of that before. Can we see? Please!

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures of Neo in the "tea cosy" position, but if you've seen a cat relaxing you'll know it well. Neo used to sit just like a cat. Back legs underneath him in the same position as the normal sit, front legs bent and tucked underneath the chest with the feet pointing backwards, and head down a bit. Kind of scrunched-looking, which I think is usually an I'm-in-pain indication in bunnies, but that's how he used to relax.

It made him look like he didn't have any legs!

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures of Neo in the "tea cosy" position, but if you've seen a cat relaxing you'll know it well. Neo used to sit just like a cat. Back legs underneath him in the same position as the normal sit, front legs bent and tucked underneath the chest with the feet pointing backwards, and head down a bit. Kind of scrunched-looking, which I think is usually an I'm-in-pain indication in bunnies, but that's how he used to relax.

It made him look like he didn't have any legs!
Oh i understand now! Poppy does this too, looks like she has no feet all the time and shes always chilling like that! My fiancé said it was how cats sit when he caught her doing it!

Oh i understand now! Poppy does this too, looks like she has no feet all the time and shes always chilling like that! My fiancé said it was how cats sit when he caught her doing it!

It's exactly like a cat! My friend (who has cats) described it to me once and told me he'd always called it a "tea cosy". He was really surprised when I told him that Neo does that too. It's such a good description that I had to steal it. ;)

It's a verb too.
"Where's the rabbit?"
"He's tea cosying by the back door." :lol:

Back