• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Local foraging groups ?updated walk on page 4

Panjanda

Alpha Buck
Hello so I'm sat in my shed watching Marley run around the garden and it got me thinking......
Years ago I volunteered for a local Greyhound and Lurcher rescue and we used to have a monthly dog walk, it was great to meet other people who owned Greyhounds and Lurchers, have a chat and swap ideas.
We would meet at local country parks and have a cup of tea and cake after, or if there was no cafe we took flasks and home made cake x

I find that being a rabbit owner now a very solitary interested other than going online to talk to people. So after reading about the lovely Twigs Way yesterday I thought wouldn't it be lovely to have a monthly meet up somewhere where we could go foraging for our bunnies ,meet new rabbit friends localish to your area......oh and of course eat cake afterwards.
I think it would be nice to have a regular meet up, maybe more than one group could start so people all over could meet up.

Would anyone be up for this idea or have I just gone bonkers :lol:

Last edited:
I think that sounds like a great idea :) We are all over the country/world though so it might be a bit tricky? Maybe we could split it into areas of the country for meetups?

I think this is a lovely idea ..i am quite lazy when it comes to travelling places though (I can't drive)

I think that sounds like a great idea :) We are all over the country/world though so it might be a bit tricky? Maybe we could split it into areas of the country for meetups?

That's what I was thinking, have local groups.
I'm Northamptonshire/ Leicestershire so how many would be interested nearish to me ?

That's what I was thinking, have local groups.
I'm Northamptonshire/ Leicestershire so how many would be interested nearish to me ?

I'm in Leicesertshire and would be really interested in doing this - I'm on Twigs's gardening day too so perhaps we could talk about it then? :wave:

I'm in Leicesertshire and would be really interested in doing this - I'm on Twigs's gardening day too so perhaps we could talk about it then? :wave:

Great x
I have maybe another lady interested in joining in also xx
Sent you a PM xx

I just find that because I don't breed or show rabbits that there isn't a meet up group I can attend, so though this may appeal to others x

There is a 'Hopper Group' (at present just 3 people I think - that someone on here has started in peterborough -

She is away when my gardening event is on so wont be here - but I am sure she would be interested.

(A 'Hopper' Group is something formed under the general encouragement of the RWA.)

i'd be interested if it wasn't too far, am in Cambs so could do Northants. am also going on 23rd so can make plans then

There is a 'Hopper Group' (at present just 3 people I think - that someone on here has started in peterborough -

She is away when my gardening event is on so wont be here - but I am sure she would be interested.

(A 'Hopper' Group is something formed under the general encouragement of the RWA.)

Great thank you x

Looks like there are seven people interested in doing this so far and all in the Northampton/ Cambs/ Leicestershire area x

I am in Hartlepool, North East, if anything like this happened near me I'd love to come! I am about three hours away from Northamptonshire so its a bit far for me to go. x

My friends (who don't have rabbits) are in Northants. so I could do two trips in one if it was convenient :) I'm happy to travel when I can :)

We're really busy people (we don't think we are, just going by 'normal' people's standards!), so even outside termtime we have boardgamers round every Sunday. And roleplayers every Thursday evening, and Monday evenings. Makes looking after rabbits easier as it's difficult to go away ;P I'm sure we could squeeze in the occasional meetup though! And always happy to provide food (I do it for the gamers, why not you guys?!). And you're all most welcome for Sunday boardgames if you fancy it.

My friends (who don't have rabbits) are in Northants. so I could do two trips in one if it was convenient :) I'm happy to travel when I can :)

We're really busy people (we don't think we are, just going by 'normal' people's standards!), so even outside termtime we have boardgamers round every Sunday. And roleplayers every Thursday evening, and Monday evenings. Makes looking after rabbits easier as it's difficult to go away ;P I'm sure we could squeeze in the occasional meetup though! And always happy to provide food (I do it for the gamers, why not you guys?!). And you're all most welcome for Sunday boardgames if you fancy it.

Great I shall keep you posted x

I would be interested in this :wave: I'm from the Peterborough 'group' but could easily make it over Northampton way

Back