• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gordons not eating - vibes please

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Got ready to go to volunteering this morning, put the rabbits pellets down and Gordon stayed sat where he was. My stomach dropped as I know what this means! :( He's showing no interest in food, pellets, hay, crunchies, herbs nothing. What I'm finding a bit strange is he isn't stretching or seems to be uncomfortable as him.and beano have done before with tummy issues. Could it be his teeth? He's not dribbling which I know os a sign, are there any others? I've noticed he's a bit funny with certain types of veg and it takes him a while before he's start eating them (like leafy things ie spring greens), is this picky ness or could he be worried about hurting his teeth?

He's eaten herbs now and is tucking into hay! I will try and get an appointment for today anyway though and ask for his teeth to be looked at just in case.

Glad Gordon is eating. :thumb:

It would be a good idea to get him checked over, it could be that there's something brewing teeth-wise. My Roo is a dental bun and he doesn't always dribble when he's due, he often just becomes picky with certain foods or eats more slowly.

Thank you. The vets don't have any free appointments for today and I'm working thurs-sun so got one for Monday I hope this will be ok. Obviously if he stops eating again or shows any other signs I will sort something out work wise.

Thank you. The vets don't have any free appointments for today and I'm working thurs-sun so got one for Monday I hope this will be ok. Obviously if he stops eating again or shows any other signs I will sort something out work wise.

Glad to read he is eating again :wave: Goodness they scare us sometimes :shock:

It could be any number of reasons. In my experience we often never find out! Vets can only peek at the molars and not get a good look but it may be worth a try if you feel it could be a dental issue x

I'd be ultra observant of his output. What comes out is just as important as what is going in. If his poos are very small then that is indicative of GI tract slow down. This may be related to a reduced long fibre (hay) intake ,possibly due to dental problems. Hope he remains OK now x

Thank you for the replies. Jane, his poo's were a tad darker thus morning but look as they usually do now x

Back