• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny boarding

Sevans

New Kit
Just a little bit of research on what people like from bunny boarding facilities. If you could take a second to read and complete this I'd be grateful.

1) Would you prefer - a smaller family run service that only takes a few buns or a place with lots of hutches

2) What accommodation would you expect?

3) How much would you expect to pay per day?

4) Would it bother you if the business owner also worked?

5) What are your pet hates about current services?

Thank you!!!

1) Definitely a small family run service.
2) Holiday boarding accommodation seems to be quite small. I would ideally like something that meets minimum RWAF requirements (44sqft), but most accommodation I found was between 19 and 24sqft which put me of completely.
3) £7-£10 seems to be the going rate, with discounts for booking a full week, or more than 10 or 14 days.
4) Yes I think it would. The boarding business should be the sole focus. If they worked from home that might be a bit different though.
5) Small accommodation is number 1 pet hate. Boarding facilities not requiring rabbits to be neutered/spayed and/or vaccinated. I know some people dislike boarding facilities putting rabbits on grass as opposed to paving, because grass is impossible to disinfect entirely.

1) Would you prefer - a smaller family run service that only takes a few buns or a place with lots of hutches

Yes.... Smaller to me means more personal

At least 6x2x2 hutch & run access...Suitable hidey house and tons of hay

£7-£10 wholly dependant on space. I would pay extra to ensure loads of space

Yes, it would . In case of fights, accidents or sudden Illness. Immediate attention would be essential, esp for bunnies.

5) What are your pet hates about current services

People who take in unvaccinated bunnies. This is a no no, to me anyway. Lack of space and inadequate foxproofing on mesh.

Yes.... Smaller to me means more personal

At least 6x2x2 hutch & run access...Suitable hidey house and tons of hay

£7-£10 wholly dependant on space. I would pay extra to ensure loads of space

Yes, it would . In case of fights, accidents or sudden Illness. Immediate attention would be essential, esp for bunnies.

5) What are your pet hates about current services

People who take in unvaccinated bunnies. This is a no no, to me anyway. Lack of space and inadequate foxproofing on mesh.

Great thanks! All really positive stuff.

Preferably small service but it would depend on the staffing.

Personally a shed or similar with attached run on concrete.

The going rate here is about £10 a day with discounts for rabbits occupying the same accomodation

Definitely, although a very part-time job might be acceptable (something like a dinner lady!)

No facilities for larger groups and runs on grass.

From looking at your website I'd avoid letting them on grass as this can't be disinfected/may upset the tums of rabbits who aren't used to it. :wave:

P.S. You're not too far from me, I'm in Trafford :)

Thats a good point.. Cleanliness and good housekeeping an absolute must,,,, I would assume you would know that anyway..

Also , access to a bunny savvy vet for emergencies.... Must be bunny savvy

It's a choice really - we have turf squares we put in the runs that is binned in between guests. Ours love grass however if people aren't generally bothered I might think twice. Thanks

Last edited:
1) Would you prefer - a smaller family run service that only takes a few buns or a place with lots of hutches - Small family run

2) What accommodation would you expect? The min requirements required at least with unlimited hay/water, hide outs and runs etc

3) How much would you expect to pay per day? £7-£10

4) Would it bother you if the business owner also worked? Yes

Not making sure all bunnies are vaccinated, not big enough accomodation

Back