• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

(Pics) getting our rabbits tomorrow!

MB1201

Young Bun
After months of researching and years of wanting one, we have finally chosen our rabbits! We are collecting them tomorrow- a male black otter and a female (colour?) paid of mini lops. Enitially we wanted to adopt but felt sorry for the male as he was last from his litter and for whatever reason nobody wanted him- he's the loveliest thing. We have a Very large - at least 6 foot hutch in a shed waiting for them- they will be kept separate until neuter. Our plan is, one rabbit can have a day in the 6x5 run whilst the other runs around our 8x6 shed - so plenty of space for them both individually for now.

I can't wait to pick them up tomorrow's ( photos do them no justice, they're tiny and so cute:love:)

NAME SUGGESTIONS WELCOME :D

they are adorable I love the black otters colour on his face, how about maizey for the girl, boy roger, peter

The helicopter ears have lopped :( they're so sweet - would you like some updated pics we now have loads! :)

Ah too cute, I love black bunnies and also helicopter ears! I also love love love mini lops :)

Our New Buns!

Thank you all - they're fantastic, both of them are settling in really well and I almost jumped for joy this morning when I went down to the shed and found out that the male had done ALL of his business in his litter tray, but the female - needless to say she chose wherever she wanted :lol:

They're enjoying their farm hay and I am hand feeding them a few pellets - I'm surprised that they already appear to be craving attention.- running around the hutch door when I leave and sniffing my hands as soon as the doors opened.

I CANT DECIDE BETWEEN THE NAME ELEANOR OR MISSY FOR THE GIRL PLEASE HELP :D

This is the male, we've named him benji and he's getting more confident coming up to us when he roams the shed :D

Please suggest one of the names above for the sooty fawn girl :)

I hope to keep this thread updated and I can share my experiences and pictures with you all

Aw, look at them! I like both names so I'm not much help, am I? ;)

That's the thing! I love both names but I wanted to call a girl bun Eleanor for a while but then when I'm interacting with her I'm calling her little miss which can be shortened to missy :love:

Aww... Your girl bunny is very cute but I bet she has attitude when older! Look at that stare! I love a bossy bunny!

That's the thing! I love both names but I wanted to call a girl bun Eleanor for a while but then when I'm interacting with her I'm calling her little miss which can be shortened to missy :love:

call her 'Miss Ellie' then you have a bit of both :)

I think Missy too! They are just absolutely gorgeous. Do they have quite big ears for mini lops? I have mini lops too and they are the best, so funny with their quirky little ways! Can't wait to see pics of your two once they are bonded, they are going to be the cutest pair :love:

Back