• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm not in the giants' good books today...

Certainly not.

Bruce and Nyssa have just returned from their day trip to the vets, where Bruce has come back minus two plums and feeling very, very sorry for himself. I feel for him, but I don't want little baby giant bunnies so unfortunately they had to go! He came through his op fine, cost me a hell of a lot more money than I was expecting (due to a reversal drug they used to make sure they had him back on his feet as soon as possible - so I'm okay with it, even if my purse isn't!), and has been eating and drinking with Nyssa to keep him company.

They'll be going back in 3-4 weeks or so for Nyssa to be spayed and when that's done they can go back to being beautiful teenage giants with no more (we hope) vet engagement until their vaccinations next year!

I'm told they were very very popular at the surgery today, everyone spending time watching them whenever they had a minute. I can't imagine they see giants very often at all, if ever! The receptionists had certainly never seen rabbits that big (and they're only four months old!) and were very impressed by them both.

I'm so lucky to have these two in my life. :love:

Once again I am definitely not in the good books. Bruce has come home from his second post-op check with... a cone of shame! He's been having a good nibble at his glue and stitches and is starting to make a bit of a mess of himself down there so cone of shame it is. He's not a happy rabbit.

If he's still looking as red and raw on Thursday, they're going to have to take him back in for a heavy sedation and clean up/re-glue job. :(

It's never easy, is it?

Back