• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winston and Edith, more photos post 17

ImoT

Mama Doe
So Winston and Edith have been home for a week now. I am so glad I moved them to a bigger metal run in the living room (they were in a smaller fabric run in the second bedroom but they were chewing it and didn't seem very happy). They are so much happier! My only issue is their litter habits have gone out the window, and I think it's Winston mostly. Edith never used a litter tray before she came to us, but from day one she followed Winston's behaviour and used the litter tray from. Now she is using it exclusively. But there are small little poos left round the pen overnight and sometimes during the day….i'm pretty sure they are from Winston! I am worried he is eating too much herbs/veg. He is much quicker and greedier than Edith so eats around a portion and a half and she is left with half. I am thinking of reducing the portion to one rabbits worth and they will just have to deal with less herbs/veg and see if his poos improve!

Anyways…on to the photos;

Here is Edith looking beautiful;
SsiOGT8l.jpg

She loves the Manor Pet Housing warren hide;
6UMrWRrl.jpg

Sometimes he spoons her;
Knp1vSKl.jpg

He loves being groomed, and she becoming more generous with her grooming as times goes on;
rum7xJMl.jpg

Last edited:
Awe they look great together :love:

If he was good with his litter training I'm sure they will settle back into it when they are out :D

What a gorgeous pair :love:
My 3 have terrible litter habits since they all got together, they used to be perfect

Thank you everyone :)

Oh no I really hope they improve! How long have they been together?

I daren't say.... since May..eek.

i do think the huge piles of forage fed in the middle of my room might be contributing to the problem as there is rarely a poo astray in other rooms they can freely access but there's no food or litter trays in them. Its very frustrating as Boo & Joe were SO good on their own but its definitely not just the newcomer (Mouse) who is contributing to it. The vast majority does make it in to the litter tray but 3 biggish bunnies make for a lot of poo. I'm having to take the positives from the situation - more exercise cleaning it up on the hour, at least they are doing nice big healthy poos & all 3 have impeccably clean bums.

Why don't you try a huge underbed storage box filled with hay/forage to encourage them to eat /poo in the same place..?

Rather than have forage/food scattered about...

It helped with my buns litter training....

i do think the huge piles of forage fed in the middle of my room might be contributing to the problem as there is rarely a poo astray in other rooms they can freely access but there's no food or litter trays in them. Its very frustrating as Boo & Joe were SO good on their own but its definitely not just the newcomer (Mouse) who is contributing to it. The vast majority does make it in to the litter tray but 3 biggish bunnies make for a lot of poo. I'm having to take the positives from the situation - more exercise cleaning it up on the hour, at least they are doing nice big healthy poos & all 3 have impeccably clean bums.

Did you say on the hour? :shock:

Did you say on the hour? :shock:

I did but it was a massive exaggeration. I hoover daily & then do the dust pan & brush thing about 4 times,... ok four hourly :lol:

They do get their hay in large underbed storage / litter tray & a huge homemade thing. they get their forage where I can enjoy watching them eat it, it wouldn't seem right giving them their greenery in their litter trays & I'd worry about them jumping on to thorny stuff :) I expect that is where my problem lies though. Wasn't an issue pre bonding though :(

Oh wow since May!! I don't understand why Winston is doing it. During the day he only does a couple of stray poos, but overnight he poos all over the place. I wish I had a baby monitor so I could see what they were doing during the night!

Aboleth poos on the stool, Lopsy on the floor of the bunnyhouse :roll: Both do poo in the litter tray as well! None outside on the concrete, but they both do on the grass as well (not complaining about that!). And neither poo on the windowsill either...!

How many poo's do bunnies do on average - anyone know?

When Rosie was free range house rabbit she used to leave 6 poops by the cat water fountain nearly every day :roll: only ever 6 ;)

I pick them up she puts them back :shock: if I didn't pick them up straight away and left the 6 till next day :oops: she didn't do any extras :roll: I just kept picking them up when I saw them :?

Not sure on Stu but Casserole is an 8 poop pile bunny :lol: usually when I'm in the middle of litter tray cleaning and he will use the empty tray if I leave it unattended and just poop in :roll:

Over a day between 4 now :shock: feels like hundreds :lol: all in litter trays now they are all outside :D

When Rosie was free range house rabbit she used to leave 6 poops by the cat water fountain nearly every day :roll: only ever 6 ;)

I pick them up she puts them back :shock: if I didn't pick them up straight away and left the 6 till next day :oops: she didn't do any extras :roll: I just kept picking them up when I saw them :?

Not sure on Stu but Casserole is an 8 poop pile bunny :lol: usually when I'm in the middle of litter tray cleaning and he will use the empty tray if I leave it unattended and just poop in :roll:

Over a day between 4 now :shock: feels like hundreds :lol: all in litter trays now they are all outside :D

Your buns are very specific with their poos!!

Well the good news is we haven't had lots and lots of poos all over the pen for over 24 hours now. There is the token single poo in the middle of the pen every so often, but I think they bring it out the litter tray with them by accident.

Here are some more photos...

First time let out in the living room, Edith is straight onto the sofa;
dSKnoDzl.jpg

Cuddles;
Q7Tiudul.jpg

Grooms;
dyXEQ3xl.jpg

Flops;
srC4fiyl.jpg

Back