• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teeth!

Theo

Warren Scout
Hi all, just a question about teeth...

My big bunny (3kg) can chew through anything without difficulty and would happily demolish a whole broccoli given the chance! My little bunny (1kg) often gets his teeth stuck in carrots and cucumber. When he had a health check around a month ago the vet looked at his teeth and said they were fine. I've just been cutting his veggies smaller for him as it must be frustrating trying to eat and getting stuck in your food!

Does it sound like he has dental issues or is it just because he's so tiny?!

UPDATE! I have just looked inside his mouth and one of his front bottom teeth (sorry I don't know technical terms) is longer than the other. Should I take him for a check up? He seems happy and is eating fine, hay all day etc

Last edited:
Aww,bless as long as he's eating ok and is happy he sounds ok.My wee hamster (PI) can demolish carrots etc much quicker than my late buns could.:D

Hi all, just a question about teeth...

My big bunny (3kg) can chew through anything without difficulty and would happily demolish a whole broccoli given the chance! My little bunny (1kg) often gets his teeth stuck in carrots and cucumber. When he had a health check around a month ago the vet looked at his teeth and said they were fine. I've just been cutting his veggies smaller for him as it must be frustrating trying to eat and getting stuck in your food!

Does it sound like he has dental issues or is it just because he's so tiny?!

I've not known a rabbit to actually get their teeth 'stuck' in a carrot before and have perfectly normal teeth! I can only assume as he's a tiny bun that he has a very small mouth! Obviously the vet would know if there were any abnormalities with his incisors :)

Maybe coarsely grate it for him ? Sorry had to smile at him getting it stuck on his teeth, just got a picture in my head :D

Back