• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can I have some vibes for Cheyenne?

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Little tinker is not eating AGAIN! - came home last night and she demolished a big bowl of food, and ate her treats with gusto - and was as bright and lively as can be.

This morning - no interest in food, and just sitting like a furry rock.:cry:

I have done her injection, and given metacam. Hopefully if there is an underlying pain problem, this will solve this and she will perk up. I haven't done her recovery food this morning - she hates it and gets very stressed and I would rather try and get her eating on her own - she's fine with the metacam though. Obviously if she doesn't start to eat on her own, then I will have to resort to the recovery food. She had started cleaning herself by the time I left for work, so am taking that as a good sign that the metacam has kicked in and she is feeling a bit better. I think she is pooping - but very small ones - but at least something is coming out.

I really wish I knew what was going on - her blood tests on Monday showed everything being fine apart from a bit of anaemia which was to be expected after her respiratory infection. She has lost alot of weight and I am desperate to get that back on her.

I could take her back to the vets but she wasn't eating there at all - and at least this week she has been at least nibbling at food at home. And I'm not sure they would do anything more than what I am - injections, metacam, recovery food. If I do take her back then Lenny would have to go with - I think they've finally rebonded again - and not risking splitting them again.

What a worry. :( It's awful when they're ill but it's unclear why. Hope you get some answers soon and that she starts eating meanwhile....

Hope she gets better soon! Must be heartbreaking to see and not know how to help her!! :(

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Aw, sending your girl healing vibes and hope she is eating again quickly. It's awful when they're ill - they are such a worry and I never understand this one minute they're fine and eating and the next they're not business. Anyway, hope she is soon much better. xxx

Thank you everyone:thumb:. Just wish I knew what to do - but can only keep on with the meds and recovery food for now. I've had to work today - which is probably not a bad thing, as she would be getting constantly disturbed by me checking on her. Hubby is at home - he's dealing with new boy - but at least he can check in on her.

It's funny how hubby and I have different strengths when it comes to the buns - for some reason I am useless at trying to give meds but he's really good at it - maybe because he is bigger and can get the buns into a really safe and secure hold. But he said this morning that he couldn't give injections - which I'm fine with now, after a couple of shaky first ones. He's also really good at getting them into their carriers - just bungs them in, whereas I will spend hours trying to lure them in with food (and no - that has not yet worked:lol:). He also leaves it to me at the vets to talk to the vet and then I translate "bunny has poorly tummy" or "bunny has a chesty chest" lol:

Back