• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight scale suggestion

Nicole Mok

Young Bun
Hi, I've got two Netherlands dwarfs and I would like to weight them regularly. Two rabbits weight are currently between 0.97kg to 1.70kg. Any suggestion which one is good to use?

good question, I have been looking for a good one myself. baby weighing scales sounds ideal, any specific recommendations? always good to know what others use and what therefore works well. :)

I saw my vet uses baby one, but seems like a bit big and when they stand it's quite slippery. Anymore suggestion?

i can't remember what make they are. they were from very.co.uk though so i'm probably still paying for them :oops: i just put a towel or blanket on so they don't slip. the piggies get weighed on there aswell :love:

For Nethies you'd be fine with kitchen scales. Try training them with treats to sit on the scale on command :)

Bramble will happily sit on the scales (she's sat on a mini tray thing that you put microwave meals on to stop her foot falling off the edge)

When I had bunnies I used baby scales as they were bigger bunnies. I used to put a bit of hay in the bottom to stop them slipping around.:)

Aww.. Bramble is so cute!! :). Mine are two middle size Netherland dwarf. The girl one should be fine on the kitchen scale, just my boy is a bit big, so I may need to bigger tray for him. Thank you all for the ideas, I will get the scale tomorrow!!

Back