• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Obsession

Kosu

Warren Scout
How far does your obsession with rabbits go? My family think im nuts.

I keep a folder of all sorts of information i have learnt over the years about my animals. This includes food, illnesses, enrichment ideas etc. I have recently been on holiday and gave them all parts of the folder (depending on the animals they were assigned :lol:) . My family like animals but they do not have the same enthusiasm as i do. They have told me im not allowed to go on holiday again. I hated leaving the animals behind anyway!.

I cut up lots of fruit and veg in the morning and make sure all animals have a bit of everything and the right portions. I know what animal likes what so i also left this all in a list for the family.

I don't think they were amused. :p

Somehow I think you have come to the right forum. We are a very rabbit obsessed group!

You sound like a perfect bunny owner to me :wave: I keep a spreadsheet for all my bunnies with everything on there inc, illness, diet, comments and even if they've been in a particular funny mood!! I'm guessing I should get out more but when I look back on this information I can't tell you how many times it's helped me out :thumb:

Keeping these sort of records is a very good idea - I don't have time to but in my own way I am obsessed - they are never far from my mind. I certainly don't feel as obsessed over our 2 puppies - maybe because I know dogs are more robust and easier in some ways.

Mind you - I did get up early hours of this morning to tell the budgies to shush up - Lenny and Cheyenne are in the budgie room at the moment for their re-bonding, and I didn't want want the budgies to wake them up - I was half asleep and didn't even think about what I was doing - just raced through to tell the budgies off (nicely of course - no point shouting) - and of course probably woke of the rabbits even more :lol:

I think my home life is pretty much filled with animal care.With 5 buns(all rescue and 2 dental) and two elderly cats again rescue with lots of health issues,an elderly hamster,2 ponds and a tropical fish tank its quite full on.They are all on my mind a lot of the time.My OH is quite understanding but my family just don't understand.I rarely speak about my animals to them.

Back