• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

over grooming/ fur chewing

weeble

I've just noticed that evie has removed fudges mane and started on franks too. She never did it to Albert but he was a Rex so harder to groom. Is this common I've not come across it before?

Oh no! I have never heard of a bunny removing another's mane but haven't had a lion head before. I just wanted to bump this up for you. Someone might know if this is common behavior.

As far as I know this is not normal behaviour. Stress? Broody? This is all I can come up with, sorry.

Budding hairstylist? :lol: Sorry, have no idea but it doesn't sound great: hope you can get some answers!

Its a dominance thing usually called barbering I think.My Harriet used to do it to her husbun who was a lionhead.She was quite dominant and he was very submissive but she still felt the need to remind him:roll:As the bond matured it got less and less.

Back