• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny tunnel links (runaround)

suki

New Kit
hi

I would be interested in feedback from anyone using one of the runaround type tunnels to link the home to the exercise area ?

Not sure if there is more than one company that do these ?, or even if you can make your own (I note they have air vents).

I wondered if it went out to a run on the lawn if it would be flexible enough for me to move the run a small amount.

Thanks

I know there's another company that makes wooden versions of Runaround but can't remember who they are.
Welfare Hutch, I think :)

I use my own stuff: I asked the construction people around Nottingham nicely for offcuts (one even gave me a full-length pipe!) so it was all free (albeit dirty, heavy, etc.! :D) but made my own Welfare-type wooden plate. The two bendy tubes we have are flexible enough to move a bit, but they're heavy and stiff, especially the lined one! We have three different types: lined straight (two different widths), lined bendy and unlined bendy. This is what we've done with them:

11695523_10101639631603918_2646130584554365843_n.jpg

That's the unlined bendy with the longest straight one. We can connect them all into each other, in stages, to move the pen around the lawn: this is the shortest :)

So is the key to keeping the lawn grassy and not mud to move the enclosure ? Both your laws look nice and grassy

My permanent runs stay on the patio and then I move the ones on the grass around whenever needed. The lawn doesn't look that after the buns have helpfully mowed it for me though :D

My run around tunnel isn't flexy really. But it's not long. I think the longer ones may have more potential to flex.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have a 12 foot length of runaround tubing and it isn't hugely flexible - it was sort of U shaped when I got it and it is still goes back to that basically. The four foot length is dead straight and I don't think it would bend really.

I would show you pictures but it isn't properly set up yet due to foxes regularly visiting the garden.

I CANNOT straighten out the tunnel and get it to fit on the run and the hutch.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I ordered this stuff in May and the poor rabbits have had no benefit!

I find I can get the tunnels to go roughly where I want them with one person applying brute force and another one screwing it in place quickly. The junction boxes are good if you need the route to turn a sharp corner. Rabbits like having circular routes so I have two of them attached to the permanent pen but they normally go the shortest route. Foxes can't fit through the doorways of the Runaround one which is a comfort to me.

You could try using bricks to hold the pipe into the shape that you want. I've found that after a while if a pipe stays a certain way when it is disconnected it will hold that shape for a while after.

Part of the problem is I am doing this by myself so the whole twanging it into place super quickly is not working. It is kinda funny tho. ;)

I guess I will go out persevere again........

Thank you :)

I just love your set up.

Mine is not like that.

thank God the rabbits can't use the internet!

To be honest, I'm not sure they really appreciate the lovely quality oak frame and porcelain tiles ;) I think so long as they are well loved, fed, watered and have space to Binky they are super happy! The aesthetics and mood lighting is more for my enjoyment!

thank God the rabbits can't use the internet!
LMAO XD

I have to say, the tubes are a two-person job. Matt can manage most of it by himself but sometimes he needs me to hold something, push/pull something or to move one thing while he moves the other. They're quite heavy as well as stiff!

To be honest, I'm not sure they really appreciate the lovely quality oak frame and porcelain tiles ;) I think so long as they are well loved, fed, watered and have space to Binky they are super happy! The aesthetics and mood lighting is more for my enjoyment!

Thank you :) I hope so.

LMAO XD

I have to say, the tubes are a two-person job. Matt can manage most of it by himself but sometimes he needs me to hold something, push/pull something or to move one thing while he moves the other. They're quite heavy as well as stiff!

that also makes me feel better.

Am off out there again in a bit......wish me luck.

Back