• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Picking up the rabbits tomorrow….1 carrier or 2?

ImoT

Mama Doe
So I am picking up Winston and his new companion Edith from the rescue tomorrow. I assumed I could put them in the same carrier (it's a good quality good sized one) but then I saw a post on here about someone getting their carriers ready for their 2 rabbits and they had 2 carriers? I do have another carrier (Winston's old one) but I thought it would be good for their bond to be in the same carrier and they could comfort each other?

ETA Mods, this was supposed to be in rabbit chat, could somebody please move it?

One carrier is fine as long as it's not a really tiny one. We used to use 1 per bunny, but we quickly realised they were better travelling together in the same one :wave:

I'd have both in the same one, if they're bonded and together in the journey, they'll calm each other down...

All the best..

Have they been bonded at the rescue already? If so, definitely one carrier. I would always take bonded rabbits together in a carrier wherever they're going :D

Yes they have been bonded at the rescue! I'll take one. Just off now, thanks everyone :)

One big one. :)

I think the thread you're thinking of involved two rabbits going into the vets for their spay and neuter...so possibly the vets want them in separate carriers so they can be taken to separate op rooms, or held separately afterwards to monitor them?? Don't know. Anyway I definitely think after bonding they should be together for the car journey. :)

So I am picking up Winston and his new companion Edith from the rescue tomorrow. I assumed I could put them in the same carrier (it's a good quality good sized one) but then I saw a post on here about someone getting their carriers ready for their 2 rabbits and they had 2 carriers? I do have another carrier (Winston's old one) but I thought it would be good for their bond to be in the same carrier and they could comfort each other?

ETA Mods, this was supposed to be in rabbit chat, could somebody please move it?

One carrier for bonded love bunnies :love:

One big one. :)

I think the thread you're thinking of involved two rabbits going into the vets for their spay and neuter...so possibly the vets want them in separate carriers so they can be taken to separate op rooms, or held separately afterwards to monitor them?? Don't know. Anyway I definitely think after bonding they should be together for the car journey. :)

Yes that was the thread!

Thank you all for clarifying :) They are home safe and sound, I will post an update in my thread in behaviour and bonding :)

Back