PDA

View Full Version : Help locating breeders of French Lops

Hugo'smum
24-07-2015, 07:11 PM
Hi Guys,:wave:

As some of you may be aware I lost Hugo my Orange French Lop on Monday. He contracted E cuniculi last year and regained a quality of life. I have lost my best friend and struggling to find breeders of French Lops.

If you know of any websites or recomendations I would be most grateful.

The breeder I got Hugo from has a website but not sure it is still active?

Thanks

Joy

RedFraggle
24-07-2015, 07:15 PM
You won't get much help on here as it's rescue based.
However, Karen Wren at Ross Rabbits.

Better to adopt but I know and like Karen.

Tracy
24-07-2015, 07:19 PM
I can't help with a recommendation for a French lop breeder, but have you thought of adopting a rescue bunny, rather than buying from a breeder. These days, with the popularity of bigger breeds, there are more and more giant bunnies ending up in rescues around the country. Adopting from a rescue will mean that your new bunny will be vaccinated, neutered and health checked, plus you'll have a really good idea of his/her personality.

Tinsel
24-07-2015, 07:20 PM
I can't help with a recommendation for a French lop breeder, but have you thought of adopting a rescue bunny, rather than buying from a breeder. These days, with the popularity of bigger breeds, there are more and more giant bunnies ending up in rescues around the country. Adopting from a rescue will mean that your new bunny will be vaccinated, neutered and health checked, plus you'll have a really good idea of his/her personality.

This :wave:

Suzi Wong
24-07-2015, 07:21 PM

This too :) :wave:

Sky-O
24-07-2015, 07:29 PM
There are LOADS of frenchlops in rescues at the moment, due to a large scale rescue that was done recently. Also, all of these (http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?inlocation=&RabAge=&RabSex=&RabBond=&breed=12) are french lops in rescues.

Sky-O
24-07-2015, 07:31 PM
And these (http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?inlocation=essex&RabAge=&RabSex=&RabBond=&breed=12) are the ones in Essex ^_^

MightyMax
24-07-2015, 07:59 PM

Yes I know Karen too, and her rabbits are her family :D

However, I agree - there are so many unwanted rabbits who are suffering through absolutely no fault of their own, I would *never* go to a breeder or a pet shop.

Fee
24-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Hi .. I agree what others have said.. Adopting even one french lop would make such a difference to that bunny....

mini lop1
24-07-2015, 09:02 PM
sorry for the loss of your bunny, hope you find a new friend soon x

mollyjoker
24-07-2015, 10:40 PM
Please consider a rescue bunny.There are many looking for a lovely home.

Kavanne
25-07-2015, 06:34 AM

I have a ross rabbit!!! I travelled from Southend on Sea to Ross on Wye to get her. She's a total darling... More like a dog than a bun! Haha. She'll be due for her spay soon and I am stressing so hard :(

But OP do have a look on www.rabbitrehome.org.uk, you can filter your search by 'large' rabbits to find the frenchies!

sparklefairy
25-07-2015, 11:24 AM
I am sorry to hear about Hugo :'( french lops leave a massive hole when they leave us. I lost my stormy the other month. :cry:
I hear that there are lots of frenchies in rescues at the moment due to around 50 of them needing to be rehomed.
I was so tempted to go to a breeder to find a french lop as when I was looking there were non. I just love frenchies. I have a Benny now. A mystery large breed from a rescue. Not sure how that happened as I had my heart set on a frenchie but benny won me over:lol:

Hope you find your perfect bun x

Hugo'smum
03-08-2015, 05:19 PM
I am so sorry for for my post. To me Hugo was my guide dog in all ways. I had never had a French Lop before and he became the eyes that I could no longer see through.

I have rescued rabbits and guinea pigs in the past but when I had some sight and a lot younger which were based in Pets corner in my local park when I lived back home in Yorkshire.
I am very grateful to you all for replying....and wanted to say I hope that my asking the question has not caused offence to anyone?

I suppose in my heart I just want my Hugo back as he gave unconditional love and I just did all that I could to try and make his life a good one.

I will however endeavour to look into rescue bunnies as I value your advice and opinions.

Thanks again

Joy.

Kavanne
03-08-2015, 09:33 PM
Hugo's Mum... it's your right to get your bunny from whereever you choose. 9/10 of my rabbits are rescues but for Ginger I made the informed decision to go to Karen at Ross Rabbits. I don't regret it, she's amazing and I know I do my bit for rescue buns.

tulsi
03-08-2015, 10:11 PM
I hope you find a lovely rabbit or even two.

Sorry for your recent loss.