• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OK I'll admit it .........

Mrs Carr

Warren Scout
Bunnies are MUCH harder work that I thought!:oops:

We were actually considering getting a dog, I've always wanted a pug (still do) but we decided against it as we both work all day and the thought of going back to the whole having to go walkies every day twice a day no matter what the weather was too much effort for us, we thought we'd go down the bunny route instead ......

I have never had such a high maintenance pet in my life! :lol: Don't get me wrong I love him to bits and I'm so glad we got him but OMG! this bunny has more stuff than my old dog had in his entire 10 year life.

Buddy has:

His cage: this contains, a platform for him to jump on, a wooden tunnel, his litter tray, hay rack, feeding ball with bell, chew toys x 4, 3 blankets (which he ignores as he prefers to sleep on the bare tray) and a ramp to help him get in and out

His dig box: it's 4ft long and contains 2 tunnels buried in the straw plus various treats for him to find

A cardboard box with attached tunnels and a fluffy bed on top so he can get up on my chair easily

A lidded litter tray with an antique footstool in front of it to make it easier for him to jump in and out (for some reason he likes to poo on top of the stool then jump in the tray to pee .... stool has now been renamed the "poo chair")

2 x play tunnels joined in a T shape

a pop up tent

3 separate feeding bowls (one for water obv, one for pellets and one for fresh veggies)

4 rattley balls

2 soft toys (not including the ones he steals from my shelf)

and numerous empty toilet roll tubes/rolled up old socks etc etc

And he STILL tries to chew my shoes :cry:

To put his into perpective, my dog had ........ a ball, ONE ball that he loved, he took his ball everywhere with him. He didn't like NEW balls he liked HIS ball.

I get paid Friday, I already have an Amazon basket waiting to be paid for with yet more bunny stuff, good job Hubby loves Bud as much as I do or I'd be in big trouble by now :lol:

Haha yes they do tend to request all these things :lol:

Somehow for a creature that doesn't make sounds like barks, whines, meows, purrs they tell us they need a lot of stuff just by sitting and looking at us :oops::lol:

Welcome to Bunny ownership :thumb:

At least you only have one wanting things I have 4 :shock:

Back