• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sleepy Bunny?

Colly

Warren Scout
Hi, just a query I seem to have a very sleepy bunny at the moment, he's moulting loads and just seems a bit more sleepy than usual. He's eating loads, poo-ing normally but even though he's drinking normally he doesn't seem to be doing many wees however....could this just be the summer and the warmer weather... just checking (as I worry about the little guy) what you guys think....? Thank you!:)

Hi, just a query I seem to have a very sleepy bunny at the moment, he's moulting loads and just seems a bit more sleepy than usual. He's eating loads, poo-ing normally but even though he's drinking normally he doesn't seem to be doing many wees however....could this just be the summer and the warmer weather... just checking (as I worry about the little guy) what you guys think....? Thank you!:)

He sounds OK to me :wave: Warm weather can make buns more lethargic .. are you having warm weather where you are? Also moulting takes it out of them to some extent. Age plays a factor too - I can't remember how old he is?

My elderly lives to eat and sleep these days I think. She is just turning 13 though :lol:

Thanks so much Mighty Max! 13!! thats amazing!! Obi is only 1 and a bit, but he certainly is a sleep boy at the moment, he has been having a mega moult though. Even though he' a house bun, I worry about flystrike as I can't check him because he doesn't do being picked up, but having the windows open I've noticed a few flies about....and then I'm always making sure he's happy as he's solo bun...worry, worry worry....;)

Thanks so much Mighty Max! 13!! thats amazing!! Obi is only 1 and a bit, but he certainly is a sleep boy at the moment, he has been having a mega moult though. Even though he' a house bun, I worry about flystrike as I can't check him because he doesn't do being picked up, but having the windows open I've noticed a few flies about....and then I'm always making sure he's happy as he's solo bun...worry, worry worry....;)

So long as you don't overfeed him things like pellets, he should be able to keep himself clean. Checking is a good idea though, if you can ever manage to get hold of him. One day you may need to medicate him (hope not!) so you'll need to restrain him. Could you get on the floor and put him on your lap without actually lifting him up?

Back