• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

paranoid now!

moi

Mama Doe
I keep my Bunnys very clean, but today I went onto the garden and said to my Son it stinks out here, meaning the smell from the spraying the nearby fields... and he said 'yeah the rabbits stink'. I said they didnt and he pointed out that I am 'nose blind'. I guess its like when I go round someones with a dog or cat... doesnt matter how clean they are I can slell them and the owner cant x

I guess its a form of nose blindness.. You live with a rabbity smell and cant smell it...

I couldnt smell my bunnies until I found an old jacket which was used to do my Bunny duties in and yep, it did smell a bit.

I dont think its a bad smell. Nor nasty, just a hay sort of smell... Certainly not like a catty ammonia smell. I dont ever recall the bunnies smelling....

They smell..... Like BUNNIES:love:

I guess its a form of nose blindness.. You live with a rabbity smell and cant smell it...

I couldnt smell my bunnies until I found an old jacket which was used to do my Bunny duties in and yep, it did smell a bit.

I dont think its a bad smell. Nor nasty, just a hay sort of smell... Certainly not like a catty ammonia smell. I dont ever recall the bunnies smelling....

They smell..... Like BUNNIES:love:
I guess we are blind to it, and dont think its a nasty smell. My Son cant stand it though. I guess its the same as me and dogs... I think they stink horrid! lol x

The only time I smell the bunnies if I have left a litter tray in for a whole day and the pee lies in the tray. It goes sort of 'off' and pee smelling... I honestly never smelled any smell from the buns themselves just from their house and only if I ever left their litter tray to lie for a whole day as i would change litter twice a day at least, more at the height of summer....

Aw man, you know how smell is a great memory trigger? When I first got Lopsy I was a kid again: it was just like having Charlie! It was all the same: the hay, the rabbity smell, the litter tray... Aboleth's wee smells more like Charlie's though (hers is yellow, Lopsy's is red-orange). And there's no muesli to smell and pellets smell new and different. They've never stunk bad though, even when we've left them for a while, except when Lopsy was neutered: his poo was stinky for a few days! Wet rabbit smell is familiar too: Charlie from when we washed his bum, Lopsy from when he's been out in the rain.

I can't smell bunnies, but as soon as say go to someones house with a dog I can, so maybe we get used to smells

Back