• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkys spay - U/D - incision photo

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Binkys being spayed tomorrow at tw'ham vets which I hear on here is a good vets, recommended by both Jacks-Jane and MightyMax
I'm so anxious (usually am) and I'm so worried I'll get to a point where I won't be able to take her but that aside, I really don't want to lose her - positive thoughts

Two things

What do you take hay to the vets in? Got pellets etc

And

Afterwards, do I have to buy critical care? I've got syringes and pellets I can mush up but does critical care have any added benefits?

I'll also update this thread tomorrow

I'm really hoping I've chosen the right vets, I think I have!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No health advice but wishing Binky all the best of luck....

Hugs for you too

Fee x

Binkys being spayed tomorrow at tw'ham vets which I hear on here is a good vets, recommended by both Jacks-Jane and MightyMax
I'm so anxious (usually am) and I'm so worried I'll get to a point where I won't be able to take her but that aside, I really don't want to lose her - positive thoughts

Two things

What do you take hay to the vets in? Got pellets etc

And

Afterwards, do I have to buy critical care? I've got syringes and pellets I can mush up but does critical care have any added benefits?

I'll also update this thread tomorrow

I'm really hoping I've chosen the right vets, I think I have!

Hi there :wave:

Do you know who will be doing the op tomorrow?

I would take hay in a bag and they will give it as needed. Herbs and freshly picked grass (and dandelions) might be nice too! Coriander and Dlll if you have any?

You won't necessarily have to syringe feed her after the spay - you can see how she is when you pick her up. My buns don't like CC - I have never bought any, I got given some ... Critical care has nutrients, but if it's just for a day or so, I wouldn't worry about feeding her some baby food. That's what my buns would tell you anyway ;)

I really hope it all goes well tomorrow! xx

No health advice but wishing Binky all the best of luck....

Hugs for you too

Fee x

Thankyou Xx
Hi there :wave:

Do you know who will be doing the op tomorrow?

I would take hay in a bag and they will give it as needed. Herbs and freshly picked grass (and dandelions) might be nice too! Coriander and Dlll if you have any?

You won't necessarily have to syringe feed her after the spay - you can see how she is when you pick her up. My buns don't like CC - I have never bought any, I got given some ... Critical care has nutrients, but if it's just for a day or so, I wouldn't worry about feeding her some baby food. That's what my buns would tell you anyway ;)

I really hope it all goes well tomorrow! xx

I'm not too sure who's doing the surgery but I meet them in the morning to discuss - though I've been reassured all their vets are 'rabbit savvy'

I just phoned and they said they've got some fresh basil and stuff for her :love: that reassures me in itself!

I've got pellets & fibafirst though she probably won't be interested in them, then three different types of hay mixed in with some forage
I'll try and pick her some fresh leafy greens too

I really hope I don't need to syringe feed her because she can be a right devil sometimes :lol: half the reason I'm getting her done

Thankyou Xx

Thankyou Xx

I'm not too sure who's doing the surgery but I meet them in the morning to discuss - though I've been reassured all their vets are 'rabbit savvy'

I just phoned and they said they've got some fresh basil and stuff for her :love: that reassures me in itself!

I've got pellets & fibafirst though she probably won't be interested in them, then three different types of hay mixed in with some forage
I'll try and pick her some fresh leafy greens too

I really hope I don't need to syringe feed her because she can be a right devil sometimes :lol: half the reason I'm getting her done

Thankyou Xx

Ah that's excellent! Treats are the order of the day :lol:

When two of my girls were spayed they were kept in overnight as our vets keep anything in after a GA. I gave them a bunny buffet of absolutely everything they like so they might be tempted by something, hay in a bag, some washed kale in storage tub, a couple of fenugreek crunchies etc. I never bought critical care, mine are determined not to take it usually anyway.

When they get home they were not happy! I gave them another buffet and eventually had to wave food in their faces to annoy them into grabbing it off me so they would eat it! Dandelion leaves were the first to be eaten I think!

Your vets sound like they will take good care of Binky. I used to feel much more at ease when ours told me the vet nurse was out hunting for dandelion leaves for them. Like you know they are with people who are really kind and caring, it really makes a difference for the owner. I hope everything goes well tomorrow xxxx

Try not to worry too much, it sounds like Binky's in good hands. She may not need CC, when my bun was spayed she was off her food a little in that she didn't scoff the huge amounts she normally does :roll: but just had a few nibbles on hay and a small piece of apple. The next day her appetite was back to normal. Good luck I'm sending positive vibes for you and Binky

When two of my girls were spayed they were kept in overnight as our vets keep anything in after a GA. I gave them a bunny buffet of absolutely everything they like so they might be tempted by something, hay in a bag, some washed kale in storage tub, a couple of fenugreek crunchies etc. I never bought critical care, mine are determined not to take it usually anyway.

When they get home they were not happy! I gave them another buffet and eventually had to wave food in their faces to annoy them into grabbing it off me so they would eat it! Dandelion leaves were the first to be eaten I think!

Your vets sound like they will take good care of Binky. I used to feel much more at ease when ours told me the vet nurse was out hunting for dandelion leaves for them. Like you know they are with people who are really kind and caring, it really makes a difference for the owner. I hope everything goes well tomorrow xxxx

Thankyou! I don't think they do over night stays as they don't do their own OOHs, I think if she had to stay in she'd have to go to where they do out of hours - hopefully they get her in nice and early
I'm planning on surrounding her in her favourites when she gets home :lol:
I also have a college meeting tomorrow but I'm going to have to explain prior that my phone needs to stay on...if I can focus!

It is nice when they go to a vets that actually cares for the animals, my old vets seemed to be a bit of a conveyor belt - make this appointment as quick as possible so they can get as many in as possible so they seemed more money orientated than animal!

Try not to worry too much, it sounds like Binky's in good hands. She may not need CC, when my bun was spayed she was off her food a little in that she didn't scoff the huge amounts she normally does :roll: but just had a few nibbles on hay and a small piece of apple. The next day her appetite was back to normal. Good luck I'm sending positive vibes for you and Binky

Thankyou - Binkys quite good in that if you put something in front of her and wave it she'll grab it and then end up eating it! :lol:
I think before I go and buy CC I'll try the mushed pellets but only if need be!

Dropped her off :cry:
MightyMax - I found out that it's Wendy doing the spay, they all seem so lovely

She explained everything to me including the risk of anestetic in rabbits and that they do everything they can, when we left they gave her some pain medication which I suppose is like pre op meds

College at 12, waiting for the phone call to say that she's okay -I'm so worried, my poor baby!

It's the most awful time isn't it? I have gone through 4 neuters and 4 spays - doesn't get any easier:?

I always took the view that no news is good news - I normally got a phone call at around 3pm.

Binky is at a really good vet so take heart in that.

Keeping her in my prayers xxx

Don't panic. It's still pretty early to be expecting news. She might not have been one of the first on the morning's list of procedures. Also, it's not uncommon for the schedule of procedures to be reshuffled due to emergencies coming in, so they could be running late. When any of mine go in for a morning procedure, I wouldn't normally expect to hear news until around 2pm.

I know that playing the waiting game is horrible, but try not to get upset. xx

You did it for the best!

I'm sure all will be well - you don't know what time she went in, unless Wendy said?

Waiting for your good news ..............

Wendy said she would be ready to come home at the earliest 2pm so surely she would be awake by now
I'm not sure I'm probably thinking too much into it!

I've cleaned and disinfected her playhouse, I don't like it empty
I'm so tired I've been so busy today and my nerves aren't allowing me to eat much so I'm exhausted, really hope there is news soon

It's the most awful time isn't it? I have gone through 4 neuters and 4 spays - doesn't get any easier:?

I always took the view that no news is good news - I normally got a phone call at around 3pm.

Binky is at a really good vet so take heart in that.

Keeping her in my prayers xxx

I have one more rabbit to do yet! :lol: but this is my first ever pet that's had surgery, though in the next two months we've got Bella needing to be spayed and our Lab puppy needing to be neutered! :lol:

I trust the vets so I'm waiting it out, Thankyou Xx

Don't panic. It's still pretty early to be expecting news. She might not have been one of the first on the morning's list of procedures. Also, it's not uncommon for the schedule of procedures to be reshuffled due to emergencies coming in, so they could be running late. When any of mine go in for a morning procedure, I wouldn't normally expect to hear news until around 2pm.

I know that playing the waiting game is horrible, but try not to get upset. xx

When I phoned up they said they had 8:30am or 9:30 so maybe they've booked another rabbit in too

I'm trying to focus on being positive, cleaning her bowls & padding out her cage with blankets

Thankyou Xx

Just had a phone call from the vets, she's awake :love: :love:
I'm so relieved
She's still sleepy and hasn't eaten yet, we should be able to pick her up at 4pm
She's still got a recovery to go but I'm so glad she's awake :love:

Just had a phone call from the vets, she's awake :love: :love:
I'm so relieved
She's still sleepy and hasn't eaten yet, we should be able to pick her up at 4pm
She's still got a recovery to go but I'm so glad she's awake :love:

Ah wonderful :love:

I hope she comes round OK and doesn't give you any heeby jeebies!

Ah wonderful :love:

I hope she comes round OK and doesn't give you any heeby jeebies!

Thankyou, I'm hoping they don't report back any dental problems or anything purely cause her hormones caused her to kick the hell off when she has to be held like grunting and stuff so we can't really check her front teeth like we can Bella, she should calm down now!

Anyone know how to get a urine stain of a litter tray? Where she doesn't use her tray she pees on the corners of it and it's stained - tried hot water & clean n safe disinfectant
Also do I put hay ontop of the newspaper in the tray? Not sure cause the wound - the hay I'll give her as food I'm going to make sure isn't too spikey

She normally has a massive pile of hay to keep warm in but obviously that might not be a good idea cause the wound, she's going to have blankets on the floor but hopefully she'll be warm enough :? Don't have a snuggle safe and can't really afford after I'm paying for the pleasure of bunny surgery!

Back