• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long would you recomend I'd wait till leaving lights off at night

FredW

Alpha Buck
OK, so Bunbuns and Fluffy really love their new home and getting more and more confident humping from the ground to the different levels, up the holes etc. Its lovely to watch them... however Bunbuns has the tendency of going from confident to cocky and a couple of times she just about managed to catch herself from falling down. But she is one of those bunnies who is stubborn like crazy. She decided she wants to jump in and out the pen from the bed. And no matter what we did, that's what she decided, so even though a few times she had near misses, her hind legs touched the door part a few times, she did it until she's now able to jump from her bed outside and then back onto the bed to get back in. Fluffy is a bit smarter and has no issues, she still has close misses at times, but she is totally fine. it's not a big jump, but I rather have her go the easy way in and out... but nope, not Bunbuns, why easy if you can do it in a challenging way.

.... anyhow... my question is, how long would you wait till switching the lights off at night. They have been in their new home since Friday eve, and are really good getting around now, but I have been leaving one of the lights on in the room at nights, just so they don't end up hurting themselves because it's so new. so basically wondering, how long does it usually take them to really fully get their bearing with new environments so I can switch their lights off at night again.

Why don't you get a baby plug in nightlight..it only comes on in the pitch black so should be less invasive than a full light bulb..

Good thinking, I shall look into getting one right away, I think if I am quick enough it should still be available to get by tomorrow morning via amazon, so will give them a better night soon :)

Back