• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little Olly has a broken toe!! U/D it wasn't broken!!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I have just been to the vets with him, for various things... One being that he sometimes stumbles a bit when he runs, and licks his front paw... He's been doing it for a while, but still legs it really fast and binkies, so I didn't think it was urgent! The vet had a look, and it looks like one of his toes is probably broken, and something is penetrating through. It looks like a broken claw but it isn't. He is on daily metacam anyway which is probably why he's seemed ok! But he's now booked in for a GA on Tuesday so they can have a proper look and possibly amputate it :( also going to have his ears cleaned while he's under... My poor little munchkin!

Forgot to say, he has probably done it by taking giant leaps from the top of his little house... With his tilty head he can't judge distances, so just leaps into oblivion as though he can fly :roll: I'll have to try and stop him going up there!!

Last edited:
Vibes for Olly & his GA, hope it turns out not to be as serious as it seems
Bella fractured a toe about a year ago but hers was still together if that makes sense so it healed on its own with daily metacam &I also had to take her level in her shed away which she was not impressed with :lol:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Aww..poor Olly-bobble :( Mimzy lost a dewclaw a few months ago that may have also broken the 'toe' part but I sadly didn't notice anything unusual in him and it has since healed. :(
All the best and brightest vibes coming for Mimzy's distant 'twin' brother. :love: xxxxx

Thanks everyone :love: Olly is totally oblivious! You wouldn't think there was anything wrong with him! He's eating, running around, buzzing at me! :love: I love my little Olly bun so much!

Thanks guys. Getting nervous now :( last time I had a bunny under GA was Digby, he bit through the tube and it disappeared into his lungs! He had to have an emergency tracheotomy to get it out :( my vets no longer tube rabbits because of that, they now use V-gel... That's all new to me, so just hoping everything goes ok and Olly recovers ok afterwards... I've got his packed lunch all ready.. Poor little monkey!! :(

Sending vibes for Olly, my Treacle bun will be under GA right now, having her first dental, I'm just keeping super busy. They are such a worry at times aren't they ? X

Millions of vibes for Olly, my Binky would have been under GA around the same time - such a worry but I'm sure your little boy will do just fine Xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back