• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Milo? EMERGENCY VETS

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
He has again gone into stasis. :(

The last time was in March and it took him a full day to show improvement. This morning I got up at 7:30 and knew as soon as I laid eyes on him that something was wrong. I must have caught it early as he won't eat hay, pellet or fibafirsts which he usually loves, but strangely would eat little dry Apple treats, but now he's been to the vet he is just sitting sulking and won't touch anything .

Worst timing ever as my parents are away and the OH is away too and I have no car, I had to get a taxi to the Hartlepool vets4pets which I don't really like (usually I opt for Sunderland) The vet there is very old fashioned and I obviously got landed with him...

Funniest thing I've heard this morning...."Infacol is better than Metacam" and aparrently all I have to do is give him pineapple and he will be fine..

I have all of the meds and CC from the last time he had stasis, all I wanted was a vets opinion on wether his tummy felt blocked and a teeth check (aparrently he has spurs but they are growing up and not irritating his tongue or mouth) so I'm just going to continue with his meds and CC for now. I've also got some fibreplex which he's not had before but I'm going to give that a go as well .

Wish us luck. My poor boy looks so sad...

Last edited:
Poor lad :cry: Has he poo'd overnight ?

Sending vibes for him xx

I think he did a little but it's always hard to tell when he's with Finn, the last two days I did notice smaller droppings in the enclosure, that happened the last time he had stasis as well. I should have done something then.

He is a lot brighter than the last time he had stasis as I think I caught it a lot earlier and he's a lot more unhappy about the CC, he's still not eating and sitting looking sorry for himself. I'm giving him the CC every couple of hours to keep something in his tummy.

Just have to see how he goes. If he hasn't improved by tonight ill get him to the emergency vet x

I am taking Milo to be seen at my emergency vet . He has now developed a tilt where he leans right and his eyes look like they are going back into his head he leans so far right and then corrects himself .

I have no idea what's wrong but I'm very scared.

I am taking Milo to be seen at my emergency vet . He has now developed a tilt where he leans right and his eyes look like they are going back into his head he leans so far right and then corrects himself .

I have no idea what's wrong but I'm very scared.

Sounds as though it may be either EC or a middle ear infection. The 'flicking eyes' is Nystagmus.

Millions more vibes being sent, hope the Vet is as Rabbit Savvy as possible xx

We are waiting to see the vet now. It's taking a while because there is another emergency. I just want some clarification and for him to start being treated.

I can't lose my gentle boy, Finn is with him for support x

We are waiting to see the vet now. It's taking a while because there is another emergency. I just want some clarification and for him to start being treated.

I can't lose my gentle boy, Finn is with him for support x

So sorry to read about Milo's head tilt. The usual causes are ear infection, head tilt or a stroke. It's hard to get a diagnosis, but that won't stop treatment beginning.

Millions of vibes xx

Just seeing this now...poor Milo...all the vibes I can muster on the way.
I just went through something similar with Pip last month and back in May she had bad stasis as well. She came through okay though as I got her in as quick as I could and the vet we saw surprisingly had his thinking cap on. (He impressed me and I'm picky.)

Thinking of you all and praying for the best. xxxxx

Just an update, we have to continue our stasis meds (metacam, emeprid and ranitidine) and we also have a 28 day course of panacur for both Milo and Finn, the vet looked at Milos teeth, eyes, ears and tummy and feels this is the correct treatment, she did blood glucose and that was fine, temperature was fine.

They can't do blood tests for EC at the out of hours aparrently as they can't send it to a lab from there? But she said if he has not picked up by tomorrow she would admit him anyway. So we will see what tomorrow brings.

In the meanwhile I am in for a long night, I am giving Milo critical care every couple of hours to keep his tummy ticking over, I MAY have seen some droppings from him but I am not 100% sure, I know he is weeing.

For now I have given him his CC for the next two hours and the panacur, he has also has some fibreplex. I, going to leave them both alone now for a couple of hours, they've had a very stressful day and Milo isn't well at all.

Has anyone got experience of using Panacur with a head tilt? Did it make a difference quickly for your rabbit?

I am exhausted, going to try getting an hours sleep as no doubt I'll be up all night x

Back