• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well that backfired on me ........

Mrs Carr

Warren Scout
Do you ever have one of those days when you feel your rabbit has just taught you a lesson about being smug?

We bought Buddy one of those little feeding balls with a bell attached to hang in his cage and I had the bright idea that at bedtime when I wanted him to go back in for the night that I would ring the bell and give him his pellets. He learned superfast that bell meant yummy food and will jump straight back in as soon as he hears it now (should have called him Einstein lol)

I have just worked 9 days in a row and was sooooooo looking forward to a long lie this morning BUT clever little Buddy found another use for his bell.............7.30 this morning *DING DING DING DING DING* Stumbled through bleary eyed to find him sitting at the door as if to say "about time too Mum!"

Cutest alarm clock EVER! but Oh God I am exhausted and just watching him backflip his way round the living room is making my bones ache lol.

Tee hee XD Some of them learn quickly, others not so much: Aboleth is definitely the smarter of my two, and Lopsy deserves his 'not the smartest of bunnies' tag :D

:thumb:... See, who said bunnies were daft???

Well done Buddy, keep Mummeh on her toes

Fee x

They do learn quickly where food is concerned! Clever little bunny!

I did some clicker training with my last rabbit (getting him to sit up on his hind legs on command) and I was impressed at how quickly he got it. I'm going to train my next rabbits in the same way, I think it's a good way to keep their minds active and you can teach them useful things like getting into their carrier for vet trips as well as cute but useless things. ;)

He really is turning out to be quite clever so will have to start thinking up little games/tricks for him to learn. He's finally decided to flop on the hearth and have a kip ........ think I'll do the same (not on the hearth tho, that would just be weird)

I had the same thing happen with my Bella who was also very clever. I had to remove it in the end as she then decided she wanted to be fed constantly during the night :lol:

Note to self: never give Amy a bell.

She already chews the bars to get me up if we're late with her morning biscuit.

This did make me laugh - clever little bunster - has his slave well and truely trained now.:lol::lol::lol:

Back