• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Gotcha Day, Mimzy ~ July 16th, 2007 to present

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
ETA: I am not sure I should leave this post up when there has been so much loss on the forum. :( It is not my intention to take away from any of the outpourings of sympathy for those who have had to say goodbye to their beloved friends lately. I still want to express my sadness to those grieving. And I may feel it necessary to remove this thread in the end.

But today, 8 years ago, my dear little man, Mimzy came to live with us.
He pulled me out of a deep trough in my life where I was just two years out from cancer treatment, and while I was well, they never call you "cured" and the drag of all those days on chemo and radiation therapy seemed like nothing compared to the fear I faced each day that it would return.
166393.jpg

This little bun came into my life by being dumped at my OH's business with two REW's. (We never managed to rescue them, sadly. :cry: )
We thought he was a she for 6 months until he was finally neutered in December that year...then we got the big surprise! (Well...two surprises, actually... :lol: )
He lived outdoors until we knew winter was imminent and then I begged to have him inside with me. He did love his outdoor run and would binky at mad speeds from his shed to the grassy area and it always amazed me how far into the air he could go! :D He also scared the cat almost to death by charging at her one time she annoyed him a bit too much. She was hovering nearby and he hit the fencing with his rear feet hard enough to send her running for cover! :lol:
He would play hide and seek with me with the cardboard boxes in his shed...he'd duck behind one and I'd say, "Wherrrrre's Mimzy?" and he'd peek his head over, then duck down again...we'd repeat this several times and then he'd burst out from the boxes and do a dash outside and back in and the whole process would begin again. :lol: That was a magical summer.
mimzy%252520chin%252520up%252520lg.jpg

In my room he was always watching me from the shelf in his habitat at night, and would careen about anytime I returned from being away, running down his ramp and skidding into his litterbox with a great commotion. He used to love getting full body bunny massages from me on my bed, though he always needed a puppy pad under him as he is the consummate territorial piddler. :roll: That's when he's not nipping me for being lazy with the head rubs!
Always the closest bunny to me of my three, in both physical and emotional space, he was my littlest guardian angel...until he came down with head tilt three years ago. He has lived in my kitchen since then and is not as handle-able as he used to be, but still loves a bit of fuss if you don't sneak up on him to give it...tough go when he's mostly blind and deaf. :(

He was almost bonded to Pip the first year we had them but illness made me separate them for fear they'd spread it to one another...little did I know that they probably already had infected one another and it made not a whit of difference to not have them together. :( I hope they will forgive me for that, they could've been a couple all this time.
pip%252520and%252520mim%252520snugglebox%2525202%252520mini.jpg

I couldn't manage to get all three in one bundle; Mimzy, Pip and Fiver...they just don't work as a trio, but Mimzy is very fond of Fiver and will sit quietly with him and groom him on occasion. But the worry that at their ages they could greatly damage one another if they fought...I couldn't have them turn on each other, so it keeps me from ever trying bonding again. Mimzy is a confirmed bachelor and will probably remain so to the end of his days. :cry:
He has severe arthritic joints and hip spurs, plus spondylosis in his spine. He is not anywhere near as supple as he once was and so moving him about is a terrific strain for him. But he's a plucky bun and hasn't given up on life yet and lets me know I shouldn't either and that is what kept me going for the last eight years.

I love you, Mimzy Moo. I wish I could do a more fitting tribute to our friendship but it really goes beyond words. We've been through so much together and we have more in store. I do hope you can be here for all of it and know that I will always do my utmost to assure you enjoy your life and are as happy in it as you have made mine. :love::love::love:
phone%252520pix%2525205-24-14%252520b%252520001.jpg

(The most recent photo taken a few days ago...sleeping with his favorite "chew toy." )
phone%252520pix%252520and%252520vids%252520to%2525207-5-15%252520025.jpg

Happy Gotcha Day! :love: xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Happy Gotcha Day, Mimzy!
What a cheeky little bun you are!
You are so lucky to have found each other!

Happy gotcha day sweetheart xxx

What a lovely story, you really do have a very special friend there :love:

:thumb:........:love:... Happy Gotcha Day Mimzy... Wow, you really have melted your mummys heart!!

Gorgeous xx

Such a lovely happy ending for Mimzy, Mary. It's a shame about the 2 REW's but you've given a wonderful life to Mimz. He's a handsome bun and looks very young for his age :love:

Happy 8th Gotcha day - here's to many more! :love:

Back