• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Here we go again- Rescue help needed please, ASAP- IPSWICH

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Once again I find myself knowing rabbits need help, and having no rescue to help.

So, six bunnies (at least five with Respiratory Infections- or dental issues, but the widespreadness of it makes me think RTIs), not neutered, not vaccinated, 4 boys, 2 girls (they are separated by sex- no risk of pregnancy- however, the boys are fighting, obviously, and it is four boys and one girl who all look rough), all adult (this is a typical 'two' have become six). Rough fur, somewhat underweight. I didn't want to hold or anything because of the risk to mine and the circumstances I found myself there.

I have been round the house today and we've cleaned out about four inches of **** out of the boys 'hutch'. The boys are never shut in and have free roam in the garden. The girls have a 'hutch' and a run.

They are now all clean, and I've bought lots of hay and pellets, and that will see them for a bit.

However, these bunnies are not well and desperately need some help.

I can't explain the personal situation of this home, however, it's dire and all the people need help as much as the rabbits- if I can help the rabbits then it lifts a huge weight off and the people can get the help they need.

Caroline (at RRR) is full. Can anyone else help? (Alison, if you hapen to read this, she said you might be able to ;)).

All that said, they are all THE most gorgeous dwarf/mini lop bunnies, with mooshy faces, are very friendly, and, despite how they look, do seem to be bright, lively and interested. They could be very happy, sociable little bunnies with the right care and help.

Erm.... please?

Last edited:
Sounds awful. :(

You've done well to do as much as you've done so far. :thumb:

How soon do you think they could be vaccinated, given the RTIs? I'm sorry I can't take them in but I'm not getting any more rabbits; would make a donation to the cost of vaccinating them though... :wave:

Thank you :) Unfortunately, quite a long time, I think. It just wouldn't be sensible to vaccinate in their dilapidated states. Thank you though.

If you need transport I'm freeish this weekend: might need to go to Coventry to pick up a stool for the playhouse but willing to travel miles for bunnies :) And I now have three carriers. Takes me 2.5hrs to get to Ipswich I reckon, but can do stages too :) Can also put them up for a night at home if necessary.

ETA And I'm free evenings next week except Thursday: I don't mind if I'm forewarned as I can travel straight from work :) Wouldn't want to take much further south than London or west of Swindon though on a worknight as wouldn't get back until late.

Last edited:
It might be a bit out of their way, but PACT in Norfolk? (I adopted Archimedes and Apollo from there.) They've rescued Welsh ponies and Romanian dogs before, so they might be willing. I don't know of any places specific in Suffolk.

Awww bless them. Sorry I don't have any room at the moment so I can't help :( I hope you're able to find a way to help these little ones - I do have a series of 4ft hutches which we took from a closing hoarder recently (took the hutches away so they couldn't carry on!) which might be useable temporarily with some kind of pen around them to split the boys up before somewhere can be found for them if that would help? They need a jolly good clean and they wouldn't be big enough on their own but give me a shout if you think they might be of use somehow in the interim.

Thanks guys. The RWAF and a rescue are helping. The bunnies have space there once the woman responds to them.

Great news, well done :D I'm sure those bunnies will be jolly relieved to be out of what sounds like a stressful and neglectful situation.

Back