• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kitchen flooring for tripod bun

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you will know from previous threads, one of my buns, Cherry, sadly had to have her leg amputated last Thursday. At present she is living with her husbun, Hovis, in a small pen in my bedroom on a floor of hay. Hovis is starting to chase her - I think the small space is getting to him - and John Chitty the vet who operated is happy for her to be moved to a larger area.

Cherry and Hovis did live outside on concrete in a two storey hutch - totally unsuitable for a tripod bunny. Long term I was hoping to alter the enclosure to an avairy type one, with a playhouse and bond all six buns, but after a £1360 vet bill and my car costing £350 to get through the MOT this week, this poject is very much on hold.

I have decided to move my two kitchen bunnies outside and keep Cherry and Hovis in the kitchen short term but have no idea what surface to put in the kitchen. At the moment it is floorboards covered with a rug. Finances are dire so I can't afford anything too expensive.

John said tripod bunnies need to be on hay or grass - both unsuitable for a kitchen.

Does anyone have an indoor tripod bunny and, if so, what surface do they live on?

Hope someone is able to come up with some suggestions. The worry never seems to stop does it.
Hope, also, that your ex(?) comes up with the cash he promised.

Long term, she maybe fine on anything non slip as long as you keep an eye on her heel. A bit of cushioning will help her joints. So something like rugs may be just fine. Vetbed might be an option for extra padding for now as it's quite springy as washable.

You could pick up a builders concrete mixing board, they're about £20 it's basically a metre square tray with a 2" side. You can then fill it with anything you fancy, including grass/turf (or just soil): http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Heavy-Duty-Tuffspot-Mixing-Tray/p/543009#

I would tend to give her various (non slip) options and see what surfaces she prefers :)

Oh bless. Sorry, I have no advice but I hope they get on ok. Oh, and I love the name Hovis! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were going to put down eva floor tiles for Otis. But then thought they would be too soft for his wheelchair. But would be OK for a tripod

Hope someone is able to come up with some suggestions. The worry never seems to stop does it.
Hope, also, that your ex(?) comes up with the cash he promised.

Yes he paid £1000 towards the vet bill thank goodness and drove me to pick up Cherry. We are still seeing each other - very off and on, but that is the least of my worries at the moment. He's been a great help with Cherry - building her a pen in my bedroom and helping me bathe her wound.

Back