• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Mickey has died :(

Vicki1180

New Kit
I'm so upset.

Mickey stopped eating yesterday, so off to the emergency vet last night. He has some fluids and I fed him via syringe and he was back to his normal self again last night.

Seems the problem was with his teeth, so he went in for dental this morning, but died under anaesthetic.

We've only had him for 3 weeks, I feel horribly guilty, and now his wife bun is all alone

:(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm so upset.

Mickey stopped eating yesterday, so off to the emergency vet last night. He has some fluids and I fed him via syringe and he was back to his normal self again last night.

Seems the problem was with his teeth, so he went in for dental this morning, but died under anaesthetic.

We've only had him for 3 weeks, I feel horribly guilty, and now his wife bun is all alone

Oh how tragic :cry: I am so sorry :cry:

RIP Mickey xx

I'm so upset.

I'm so very sorry :cry:

Binky free little one :love:

d9ca6019a6d43e8dfdf492c35f18f4be.jpg
3ffff4a51334a13b6d3ea1cb793cbb8e.jpg

I'm so sorry you lost Mickey. Please don't blame yourself. Sometimes it happens that a bunny can't take the anaesthetic. No one could have known.

Thanks everyone. It's just really sad. Need to decide whether to collect him or leave him at the vets... don't really know what to do tbh

Thanks everyone. It's just really sad. Need to decide whether to collect him or leave him at the vets... don't really know what to do tbh

I would always bring my bun home with me. Ask your vet to hold on to him until you decide. He will have passed over very peacefully x

I'm so sorry.:(
I can only say what I have done - which is to bring home to show the other rabbit, and to give myself time to get used to the idea, and then return to the vet for cremation.

Do you think I need to look for a new friend for Minnie? How long should I give her? She's going to be so sad x

Do you think I need to look for a new friend for Minnie? How long should I give her? She's going to be so sad x

Personally, I wouldn't wait more than a few days because, as you say, she is going to be very lonely.

Ok thanks. We adopted them from rspca 3 weeks ago, so I'm hoping they will help find her a friend and help with bonding

I'm also a little annoyed they didn't tell me he'd had dental previously, feel like i could have been better prepared if I'd known. I just hope they help me find her a friend x

Ok thanks. We adopted them from rspca 3 weeks ago, so I'm hoping they will help find her a friend and help with bonding

Sounds like a good plan. I'm sorry they didn't tell you about the dental issues. Make sure you get as much info as possible on the potential new bunny, and also on Minnie.

I wouldn't rush into getting another bunny - it will happen when the time is right x

So sorry :cry: Binky free mickey Xx

Anesthetic is always worrying :( my girls have their first anestetic at the age of 2 soon for their spays, I hope it doesn't affect you with future GA's for buns too :(Xx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm so sorry you have lost beautiful Mickey - GA's are a worry and it's not your fault in any shape or form, it's just very bad luck. I hope you can find Minnie another friend soon and binky-free at The Bridge, Mickey.

Back